Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #106
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I would like to see a slimmed down image for the Glo with just FBreader, like it boots up and loads FBreader and that's it.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:29 PM   #107
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
@PhantomWiggler: Thanks for ready-made image for Kobo mini. Saved me time and effort.

Can someone comment on how stable this runs on their Kobo? Also, in terms of battery consumption, how does it score compared to Kobo's own Linux?

USB-OTG is a must, now that XCSoar has it.

Anyone wants to bring Arch Linux on Kobos?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 11-25-2015 at 10:09 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2016, 08:59 AM   #108
TomDecker
TomDecker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905B
So has anybody had any success in porting newer Linux kernels to the kobo? I'm an absolute beginner to Linux, but by googling I found out there was a 3 and even a 4 since this thread was created. (Forgive my ignorance if there are hardware limitations that make it impossible to distribute them to the Kobo!)

Anyway, I recently dug out my Kobo N905b, saw this thread and decided I wanted to do this. I think the N905b has an internal sd card, right?

Is there anything you would do differently in 2016 that I could try? Is anybody still working on this?

Last edited by TomDecker; 03-05-2016 at 04:06 AM.
TomDecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #109
nejemia
nejemia began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch, kinlde
HAVE A QUESTION ON ttymcx1 and ttymcx2

Dear all:
I have the KOBO Touch running Debian Linux, everything looks good BUT I can not manage to use /dev/ttymcx1 nor /dev/ttymcx2.
stty works, I can set all the parameters but once /dev/ttymcx1 receives data, the system hangs, /dev/ttymcx2 does not work at all...
I wonder if those ports are used by other hardware, or I am missing some piece in the puzzle.
BTW, /dev/ttymcx0 runs happy as debug console, also USB eth gadget works fine as well as WiFi...
Any help will be very appreciated.
nejemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:43 AM   #110
zaoqi
github.com/zaoqi
zaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Boox c67ml,Note S,Max2,KT3,KPW4,Kobo AurdHD,Touch N905C
Is it dead?
zaoqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #111
Dontag
Dontag began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905C
Hi Marek.

I have tried to download the three image files for Linux from your Dropbox, but unfortunately images 2 and 3 appear to be corrupt (image 1 appears to be fine, and extracts without any reported errors)

Please can you have a look, and re-publish them?

(Or is the error due to something that I am doing?)

Thanks.
Dontag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #112
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontag View Post
Hi Marek.

I have tried to download the three image files for Linux from your Dropbox, but unfortunately images 2 and 3 appear to be corrupt (image 1 appears to be fine, and extracts without any reported errors)

Please can you have a look, and re-publish them?

(Or is the error due to something that I am doing?)

Thanks.
If you are using a program that understands split archive files, extracting the first archive will automagically extract the image from the three split archive files. You might want to Google for information on split archive files. One example would be 7-Zip Tutorial #6 – How to Decompress a Split Archive as an example.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:51 AM   #113
Dontag
Dontag began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905C
7-Zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you are using a program that understands split archive files, extracting the first archive will automagically extract the image from the three split archive files. You might want to Google for information on split archive files. One example would be 7-Zip Tutorial #6 – How to Decompress a Split Archive as an example.
Thanks for your reply - All is clear now. I suspected that it was something that I was doing wrong.
Dontag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 08:01 AM   #114
rossenb0ssen
rossenb0ssen began at the beginning.

Device: n905
So, does anyone has an idea how can I actually simulate a right click?

I am intending to use a kobo as a digital map/gps having a debian image on it plus a gps module + a new battery and a 3d printed case would be the best solution for a "rudged outdoor" gps only costing a couple of cents/drahmas/kopejkas/stotinkas...etc

Last edited by rossenb0ssen; 06-11-2021 at 08:05 AM.
rossenb0ssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:13 PM   #115
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossenb0ssen View Post
So, does anyone has an idea how can I actually simulate a right click?

I am intending to use a kobo as a digital map/gps having a debian image on it plus a gps module + a new battery and a 3d printed case would be the best solution for a "rudged outdoor" gps only costing a couple of cents/drahmas/kopejkas/stotinkas...etc
You might want to use xdotool.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image, kobo, linux, tablet, x11