Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #601
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomismo818 View Post
"Check and repair book sizes" doesn't work for me. It detects bad book sizes, but not repair them.
Thanks for this great plugin.
How did you determine that no (db value) repair was made?
IIRC the size shown is the Rounded value of the largest format of the title, not an individual format.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #602
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Something is Wonky

You found something odd

I just ran the latest QC on 9.21 XP SP3

The first pass found 59 titles.
I ran it again (no other library activity) and found 6
I ran it again (2 times), it found the same 6 books.
All had EPUB (my main format), 1 also had RTF, 2 started as Mobi

Some of these (EPUB) were last edited by me months ago.
I may have tried 'Polish' on these titles (I tried Polish a few times, with mixed results and went back to Modify EPUB for updating the Jacket/cover)

Kiwidude, how does check sizes determine which size to use? My Python reading skills are rock bottom, but the only comparison I saw was to the DB, not to other formats found (I definitely could be wrong , self closing loops gimme a endfor any day )
Old 03-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #603
yomismo818
yomismo818 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Yes, I only have EPUB in my library, and the size shown doesn't change after execute that option in the books that I know have bad sizes (because I replaced them for better versión directly in the theirs folders, keeping the name of the file)
yomismo818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #604
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomismo818 View Post
Yes, I only have EPUB in my library, and the size shown doesn't change after execute that option in the books that I know have bad sizes (because I replaced them for better versión directly in the theirs folders, keeping the name of the file)
You don't need to do it that way just to keep the metadata

Simply drag the new version onto the Details section. BE ABSOLUTELY SURE you have the correct book/entry
Or into the Formats section if you have the editor open
Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #605
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Kiwidude, how does check sizes determine which size to use? My Python reading skills are rock bottom, but the only comparison I saw was to the DB, not to other formats found (I definitely could be wrong , self closing loops gimme a endfor any day )
I just ran this against my library. Due to all the Sigil editing work I do, I had thousands of "discrepancies". However when I ran the check again it found zero matches as expected, reporting all book sizes were correct. Did you have your search scope set to selected rather than library or something odd? Can't really imagine how you got the behaviour you described, certainly it all worked as expected for me.

As to how it all works, I believe there is a sql subquery run for the size column where it selects the max largest of this size data of the formats for a book when displaying in the gui. You might have cached out of date stuff on screen if you don't get the update you expect possibly.

Certainly I haven't seen anything not working as it should to my eyes, or from the code any reason why it shouldn't be behaving correctly. The only one possible thing is that I believe Kovid may have changed the python function he calls to get the size of a file (I am 99% sure I copied his code at the time to ensure when I compare the current value with calibre's value they have the same code to get the same number). He now uses os.stat, whereas my plugin uses os.path.getsize(). You would hope that one is just a wrapper for the other, and certainly on my Windows 7 system it all worked fine...

Last edited by kiwidude; 03-05-2013 at 10:39 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #606
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Calibre session started this evening (XP SP3)

Running again: Scope Library: No filters:

Pass 1: 6 files marked as updated (they look like the same 6 titles)
?? I edited/split 2 other files that may have changed size a bit, no sign

Note: just Now Installed Generate cover PI, restarted Calibre, so we have a fresh C

Pass 2: 1 file marked (was one of the 6) Wot!

Restarted C
Pass 3: same book (at least we are down to one Something is getting cached )

Thanks for looking
Old 03-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #607
yomismo818
yomismo818 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I agree the problem is related with cache.
I started Calibre, and don't doing anything more, run the plugin.
The sizes were fixed in eight books.
I ran it again... and detects only one book. It can't fix it... and it is the first book in my library... the one that is selected in the moment that Calibre opens.
Just to check... I change the "columns to sort the booklist by on startup" that way the first book in the library changes. Restart Calibre, and run de plungin: one book detected. Run again, and all sizes are correct.
I use Portable version, on XP SP3. I hope it can help...

PS) Theducks, thanks for the advice

Last edited by yomismo818; 03-06-2013 at 01:49 PM.
yomismo818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #608
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android
QualityCheck question?

Hey there! This plugin is a MASSIVE lifesaver. I currently convert 1000 books at a time, so this, coupled with the 'Delete File when adding to Calibre' selection via Add Books go great, especially the 'Check Authors with Commas' which is a MASSIVE timesaver, although I wish that I had known of that before I converted the last 2k books, lmao.

Anyway, I did have a question, however. When searching Metadata for 1000 books, I search via specific fields, like 'Download only Comments' if the comments are missing, but is there a selection to 'Search for Missing Series'? I wasn't able to locate it.

Moderator Notice
Moved post to Quality Check thread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-10-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Dullahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #609
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@dullahir - to search for books that do not have a series associated with them, just type this in the search bar for calibre:
Code:
series:false
The reason it isn't in the QC plugin is because of course only a fraction of books people normally keep in their libraries are part of a series, so it is a fairly "unusual" search. It would be trivial to add it if others think it would be useful.

On the other hand there is on the Check metadata menu the ability to search for series gaps (where you have book 1 and 3 for instance, but appear to be missing a book 2).
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #610
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Books that are NOT in a series in my Library: 23%

Don't ask how many of those series are NOT complete
Old 03-11-2013, 04:43 AM   #611
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android
Ah, thanks for the tip. The reason why I inquire is because a lot of my books are, I have the Forgotten Realms series, and a lot of them have sub-series, Kim Harrison's series, etc. But sometimes I don't remember which books actually come from a series because some of them show up as 'Kim Harrison - The Good, The Bad and the Undead' without a series or number. I guess I just want an intuitive plugin, yanno? Although this is absolutely amazing.

Unrelated, but could someone share with me an expression to add books that includes the series, BUT doesn't mess up authors who have hyphens in their names? For example:

(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\s*-\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?

This is the one I am currently using, but, this is just an example. (The author's name does not actually contain a hyphen.)

For example, I add something like,
"Joyce Carol-Oates - This is a Series 01 - This is the title.epub" to the testing window, and it comes out as

Title: Oates - This is a Series 01 - This is a Title
Author: Joyce
Series: Carol

I've wanted to use [This is a Series] to separate series stuff so that these things don't happen, but I'm not entirely sure how to add brackets to the above key sequence. I'm sure it's possible, but I've not yet figured out how to do it yet lol. Because if I do, it would say:

Title: [The Hollows Book 01] - Dead Witch Walking
Authors: Kim Harrison

If I leave out the hyphens:

Title: Kim Harrison [The Hollows Book 01] Dead Witch Walking
Author: Unknown
Series: None
Dullahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #612
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Does this plugin have an option to find author and series variation.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #613
kiwidude

The Find Duplicates plugin has features to do exactly that, look at the drop down menu on it for Find Metadata Variations...
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #614
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
From here...

Originally Posted by SampleAndy
Quote:
I have a similar situation on my Kindle Fire HD. I downloaded four books from Baen Books, imported them into Calibre, and pushed them out to the Kindle. On my PW, two show up with a "Personal" banner on the cover, on the HD they show up in the Docs library instead of the Books library. The other two show up normally.

I saw something in the Fire forum about a tag that was PDOC instead of EBOK, or something like that. Where would I find this tag in Calibre?

OK, I found it (I think) under Conversion/Mobi Output, but... That's only the settings that will be performed when you DO a conversion, right? Is there someplace that shows you what the setting in the book currently is? Can it be changed without performing a conversion, since I don't really want to convert the book?

As always, thanks for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Use the Quality Check Plugin. (Kiwidude has that covered )
OK, I'm really confused now. I ran Check Mobi/Check missing ASIN Identifier, and it told me that four of my twelve books had missing identifiers... but all twelve of them had valid ISBN numbers filled in. Then I ran Fix/Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire, the program "fixed" those four books and when I pushed them to the Fire, they were Books, not Docs. Something tells me we're talking about two different things when we talk about ASIN identifiers...

ETA By the way... the ID field still has the same ISBN values in it...

Last edited by SampleAndy; 04-04-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added btw...
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #615
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
From here...

Originally Posted by SampleAndy

OK, I'm really confused now. I ran Check Mobi/Check missing ASIN Identifier, and it told me that four of my twelve books had missing identifiers... but all twelve of them had valid ISBN numbers filled in. Then I ran Fix/Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire, the program "fixed" those four books and when I pushed them to the Fire, they were Books, not Docs. Something tells me we're talking about two different things when we talk about ASIN identifiers...

ETA By the way... the ID field still has the same ISBN values in it...
No
You ran the wrong check
Look at the list in Mobi Checks section