Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Hmm....not in my experience I have over many hundreds of pdfs (journal articles and digital books). None are 8.5 x 11 in size.

Of course, if you're encountering a colleague's document which is typically made into PDF via Print-to-PDF, then yes that will likely be 8.5 x 11 or A4.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
While I might well agree that most professional eBook PDFs are less than A4/Letter, it's when you appear to claim that that is true of all PDFs I have a problem with it.
Yeah, I never made the claim that "all" PDFs are less than A4 or Letter size. Never made that claim. I did make the claim that professional published (not talking about in-house here, because that's not professionally published) PDFs/digital books are not in 8.5 x 11 or A4 format.

Anyway, we don't need to linger on this rather minor (but maybe not so minor) point. My main goal is to dispell the myth that PDF for digital books are primarily in 8.5 x 11 or A4 size. I have many hundreds of (close to 2000) PDFs from journal articles to digital books and they are not in those sizes because the print form of those books are not in those sizes. It's easy to check: go to view properties or some such.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert