Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
Haloman800
Haloman800 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Convert .cbr/manga files to fill entire screen by default?

Hey, I use my Kindle 3 to read Manga, but one thing that's really annoying is every page I have to toggle down, then center, then when I'm done with the page, I have to click the next arrow twice, and repeat..

If I extracted the images from the .cbr, is there a way to stretch them to completely fill the kindle's screen, then repack and convert to .mobi?
Haloman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'm actually curious about this myself. I had read somewhere about Mangle being able to accommodate this, but I've yet to try it myself.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Haloman800

I'd enjoy them more if I got a solution..

@RainingLemur, I tried Mangle, but it didn't have an option for that. Neither did Mangize.

Does anyone know the exact size of the screen, so I could possibly adjust all images to fit perfectly on it? Would that work.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
microgiraffe
microgiraffe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I'd actually been meaning to look this up...
According to amazon's documentation, it looks like 9:11 (aspect ratio) is the magic number.
microgiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
Haloman800

Does anyone know of a tool that will convert the images in bulk? As manga is usually 50+ pages at least, and doing them individually would be a pain...
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
sil
sil has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sil has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sil has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
No idea what problems others are having using Mangle. Tell it you're using you Kindle model, give it the comic/manga and you end up with something that fits full screen (top to bottom, side to side) though the kindle still reserves some margin space around the edges.

I've never had to scroll...one page = one full screen on my K3. I usually run the comic through calibre to make a mobi file from it.

You could batch process the images with imagemagick, probably apps like the gimp or photoshop too. Just make sure to process to grey, 16 greys, 166dpi (from memory) and the pixel dimensions of the screen (though maybe knock off 40px for margin space). IE you need to match the image to the screen characteristics, which is why I don't understand why anyone using Mangle is having problems as it takes care of everything.
sil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
mtsp
Enthusiast
mtsp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Using Mangle you can transfer to the Kindle. Then you press F to toggle the fullscreen mode.
mtsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #8
Haloman800

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsp View Post
Using Mangle you can transfer to the Kindle. Then you press F to toggle the fullscreen mode.
What do you mean "F to toggle fullscreen mode" ? When the Manga is open on my Kindle & I press F, it just types the letter F in.