Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Pocketbook 360 Plus arrived!

I just unpacked my brand new Pocketbook 360 Plus!!! Pictures don't really show much as they didn't change the form factor at all, just the Boot and Off screens. As part of the first boot-up there is a registration request which says it will allow for firmware updates to be downloaded, that is an interesting option. Ironically the notice says the information required to complete the registration is located on a different screen accessed through the menu. I'm not sure how one leaves the registration screen, gets that info and gets back to the screen without losing ones place, I'll have to give it a try after it charges up.

I am currently waiting (im)patiently for the 8-12 hours of charging time to pass so I can test out the Wi-Fi and see if the themes and tweaks I used on my old (screen cracked) 360 will work on this one. Has anyone tried fbreader180 on the 360 Plus?
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Congratulations! Looks like you are the first person here to own one

Please let us know how it works and how it is different from the "old" 360. One of my friends is considering buying one and I'd love to tell her how the 360+ fares.

Last edited by Poppaea; 05-18-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Giant typo ;)
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
I am currently waiting (im)patiently for the 8-12 hours of charging time to pass so I can test out the Wi-Fi and see if the themes and tweaks I used on my old (screen cracked) 360 will work on this one. Has anyone tried fbreader180 on the 360 Plus?
Congrats, but don't be too disappointed when you realize nearly nothing of your "old" 360 stuff will work. Somewhere I read that the new one uses the same FW like the pro series
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Has anyone tried fbreader180 on the 360 Plus?
Nobody has had PB360 PLUS in hand and reported.
So you have a VERY unique opportunity to make a review that will be #1 Google result for "review PocketBook 360 Plus" query for months.

Please, let us know how it works.

I expect that very little from the "old" stuff will work. But try programs / themes / stuff compiled for PB602.

Also, let us know what dictionaries are present, if the big buttons click loudly ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Interface of PB 360+ has look and feel of his predecessor so I think themes will work fine but applications are binary compatible with PRO series. People from russian forum have extracted bookshelf application from 360+ and use it on PB 602/902 to obtain good old UI and themes support. See here for more details.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert