Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 11:11 PM   #31
Dagr
Dagr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
AFAIK NP++ doesn't have Saved S&R. other than creating a macro for each case. Which is why I eventually suggested TextPad.

BR
NP++ kind of saves S&R inputs. Once a S&R is used there's a drop down created in the dialogue window. The inputs are save cross app sessions. True, the macros are a more eloquent solution, and will last through a software update. Making the task of working with the drop down less of a hassle.

While a message window is still open. Returning to the Markdown suggestion. VScode offers Markdown extensions, that by all intents mimic many of the Markdown editors features.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:41 AM   #32
najgori
Klak
najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: many
...or make simple program (in python): open file no. 1, read line, change whatever you want, write line in file no. 2. repeat untill the end.
Advert
Old 12-26-2019, 04:22 AM   #33
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by najgori View Post
...or make simple program (in python): open file no. 1, read line, change whatever you want, write line in file no. 2. repeat untill the end.
If you already know basic Python commands, you might as well create an ad-hoc Sigil plugin. The following minimal plugin.py code demonstrates how to use replace() to replace the with <b>the</b> and re.sub() to replace <i>...</i> with <em>...</em>.

PHP Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
import sysosre

# main routine    
def run(bk):

# iterate over all html files

for html_idhref in bk.text_iter():

# read orignal html code from file

original_html bk.readfile(html_id)

# modify html code

modified_html original_html.replace('the''<b>the</b>'

modified_html re.sub(r'(</*)i>'r'\1em>'modified_html )
        if 
modified_html != original_html:

# write modified html code to file

bk.writefile(html_idmodified_html)
            print(
os.path.basename(href) + ' updated')
    return 

def main
():
    print(
'I reached main when I should not have\n')
    return -

if __name__ == "__main__":

sys.exit(main()) 
Old 12-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #34
najgori
Klak
najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

thanx a lot. i'll try.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:14 PM   #35
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagr View Post
NP++ kind of saves S&R inputs. Once a S&R is used there's a drop down created in the dialogue window. The inputs are save cross app sessions. True, the macros are a more eloquent solution, and will last through a software update. Making the task of working with the drop down less of a hassle.

While a message window is still open. Returning to the Markdown suggestion. VScode offers Markdown extensions, that by all intents mimic many of the Markdown editors features.
NoteTab Pro has extensive saved clips, regexes, etc., libraries. Capidamonte--you guys remember Cap, right?--turned me on to it and my entire Biz has run on the thing ever since.

Hitch
Advert
Old 12-26-2019, 08:58 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
NoteTab Pro has extensive saved clips, regexes, etc., libraries. Capidamonte--you guys remember Cap, right?--turned me on to it and my entire Biz has run on the thing ever since.

Hitch
When you buy NoteTab Pro, you also get NoteTab Standard. Just forget the standard version and charge less. I see no use for the standard version over the pro version.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:39 PM   #37
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When you buy NoteTab Pro, you also get NoteTab Standard. Just forget the standard version and charge less. I see no use for the standard version over the pro version.
Wolfie:

Of course you do; Pro is simply standard with more functionality. That's like saying that when you buy Word Professional you "also get" Word Student and Word home. That's silly. NTPro is an excellent, eminently usable HTML/TEXT editor. For what they charge it's dirt cheap.

Hitch
Old 12-30-2019, 05:17 PM   #38
najgori
Klak

"writing in emacs" sub brought me back here...
refusal to use notepad++ got me thinking about which editor/word processor suits the best to one or personal politics or philosophy.
for example notetab pro is swiss made "excellent, eminently usable".
far manager (and editor) is russian redscare utilitarian.
ultra edit author is christian. does this reflect in way program works?
do you buy/use software that clashes with your own personal philosophy?
Old 12-31-2019, 02:17 AM   #39
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Ratuken support the murdering of whales, but I managed to get over my distaste enough to buy a new Kobo.
in general though, i do take note of the ethics of the company/author
Old 12-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
How a company treats CUSTOMERS is at the top of my list., but certain, widely recognized as atrocities, would make me red line someone.

Slave labor (not just really low pay/conditions by OUR standards) would be one. (I will avoid further rants to avoid the R&P rule)
Old 12-31-2019, 11:41 AM   #41
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by najgori View Post
do you buy/use software that clashes with your own personal philosophy?
I really don't care about the personal philosophy of the program author as long as they do not use the program to proselytize. I know one person who will not use VLC since the program version names are from Terry Pratchett's Discworld and magic is EVIL! BTW, that same person considers the Harry Potter books as evil and destructive to our children's minds.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:52 AM   #42
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This thread appears to be moving a bit off topic to be a Sigil thread. Perhapsmoving the discussion someplace outside the Sigil forum would be best?
Old 12-31-2019, 12:38 PM   #43
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
This thread appears to be moving a bit off topic to be a Sigil thread. Perhapsmoving the discussion someplace outside the Sigil forum would be best?
Aw, DAAAAAADDDDDDD!!!!!

You sure know how to ruin a girl's fun.

Hitch
Old 12-31-2019, 01:51 PM   #44
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I really don't care about the personal philosophy of the program author as long as they do not use the program to proselytize. I know one person who will not use VLC since the program version names are from Terry Pratchett's Discworld and magic is EVIL! BTW, that same person considers the Harry Potter books as evil and destructive to our children's minds.
Wasn't there an online provider that whimsically named its servers 'Satan', 'Beelzebub' etc? Didn't go down well in Middle America.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:36 PM   #45
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Demon internet was uk Biggest ISP back in the 1990s. A lot of fundamentalist Christians did not subscribe because of the name, even though they had the best dial up service. And even though the demon referred to something from Linux? Not from hell
Closed Thread