Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #1
HUSTLA716
HUSTLA716 began at the beginning.

Device: None
IngramSpark

Good Afternoon. I am uploading my first book on IngramSpark and I am receiving this error. Can someone help? This is my first time uploading a book. I am using Sigil and Calbre for ebook assistance. This is the last step before I finish. Help is appreciated.

[ERROR]metadata.opf: 15,10: element "spine" missing required attribute "toc"
HUSTLA716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Unfortunately I don't know anything about Sigil (or making books in Calibre) but there are forums for both on this site (further down).

My guess, just going by my very limited book compiling experience with AsciiDoctor, is that the "binding" document that holds links to all the chapters, doesn't have Table of Contents attribute defined. That's one of the things I had to do in AsciiDoctor when compiling my sample book.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not an expert, I just reversed engineered a working book

There are 2 entries in the EPUB2 books OPF

Code:
 <spine toc="ncx">
 <itemref idref="HTMLTOC"/>  <<<links the filename assigned in the manifest
and a Guide entry for the inline TOC (if used)
Code:
<guide>
    <reference type="toc" title="Table of Contents" href="Text/06_CONTENTS.html"/>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote