Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-30-2019, 01:27 PM   #1
LT.Son
LT.Son began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question Audiobook Support and RSS questions

I've been reading everything I can find to see if I can make this work.

I am setting up a media server that will be accessible to my family.

I plan on using Calibre, as I already have it setup with my e-book library. I will turn on the web server ability so everyone can view it on their PCs and phones.

What I want to know is if there is a way to publish an RSS feed of books in the library?

I want to create a library of my M4B files and publish each book in an RSS feed that I can put into a podcast app to be downloaded as podcasts.

This will be the easiest way for my extended family to access these audio books.

So...
1) Can Calibre offer-up m4b files as a book format?
2) Can Calibre publis RSS feeds for a book?

All I have been able to learn in my searching is how to "harvest" data from RSS and compile it into a book format.
LT.Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can add any type of file as a book to calibre. But it has no facility for creating RSS files for books, you would need to write a plugin for that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio books, calibre, rss, webserver