Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 04:42 AM   #1
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
Help please in 2 areas

I cannot get Mobipocket to load onto a new Palm TX - could someone tell me exactly where on the computer harddrive Palm folder to put the three files so that they will HotSync to the Palm TX. I have tried several folders ie Addit and some of the folders under my name but no luck so far. I have put the .pdb books from the computer onto a SD card but cannot see them yet. If someone could give me a simple ABC directions I would really appreciate it.

The second query I have - what is the correct way to remove the HotSync usb cable from the Palm - the cable seems to be fragile with the little v shaped connections on the side and I don't want to damage it - just pulling it out seems rather brutal. Again any advice would be helpful.

I bought this unit from America and when it arrived here in Australia all there was in the package was the disc, the palm and the usb cable and power cable so if there was supposed to be any other information supplied it was omitted. Thanks Bernice
Old 03-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If you've installed the Palm desktop software (should be on that disk, or you can download it straight from Palm), then double clicking on a .PDB/.PRC file ought to launch the installer app. You can also launch it manually from the Start menu, of course.

Once you get that running, you can drag/drop the files into it for installing with your next Hotsync -- it should even have separate windows for installing to onboard and SD card memory.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:50 AM   #3
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
followup

Thanks for the help - I now have iSilo installed and running perfectly and about 200 books loaded to the sd card. I still worry about the hotsync cable so I have bought several of these cables from ebay and will use them and keep the original safe. Again thanks for the help.