Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-03-2021, 10:15 PM   #1
BC019
BC019 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Kobo App

Team, Need some assistance. i have downloaded a (free) book from Kobo.

My question is how do i now transfer this across to Calibre ? so it is off my PC and in my library (with the other 20 books i'm yet to read)

Cheers

BC019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:51 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC019 View Post
Team, Need some assistance. i have downloaded a (free) book from Kobo.

My question is how do i now transfer this across to Calibre ? so it is off my PC and in my library (with the other 20 books i'm yet to read)

Cheers

If you downloaded it with the Kobo Desktop app under Windows or OSX, install the OBOK DeDRM plugin and it will show what books you have in the KDA library and allow you to import them into calibre.

If you used the Kobo app under IOS or Android, have you tried going to Kobo's website, signing into your account, clicking on My Account, selecting My Books, clicking on the ... after the book title under Actions and then downloading it to your computer? Most of the free books will be DRM free but if your book isn't, you'll need to have ADE to complete the download. Once you have the book downloaded, use Add Books to get it into calibre.

Hope this is some help.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:55 PM   #3
BC019
BC019 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you downloaded it with the Kobo Desktop app under Windows or OSX, install the OBOK DeDRM plugin and it will show what books you have in the KDA library and allow you to import them into calibre.

If you used the Kobo app under IOS or Android, have you tried going to Kobo's website, signing into your account, clicking on My Account, selecting My Books, clicking on the ... after the book title under Actions and then downloading it to your computer? Most of the free books will be DRM free but if your book isn't, you'll need to have ADE to complete the download. Once you have the book downloaded, use Add Books to get it into calibre.

Hope this is some help.

Thanks.

All done
BC019 is offline   Reply With Quote