Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 07:02 AM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think someone should start a new thread with links to Wiki where very useful information lives like this.
Go for it Jon. Why don't you start that thread.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:33 AM   #17
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
I've added a new thread with a link to the new wiki article.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #18
slayerwpww
slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I own a Kobo Aura HD and I do use its memory expansion slot. I intend to buy a new one but I need the extra memory for my books. Can anyone tell me which of the newest Kobo ereaders have microSD expansion slots? Thank you.
slayerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:25 AM   #19
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Kobo H2O is the most recent Kobo ereader with external expansion slot for micro sd card.
Kobo Touch 2.0 has internal micro sd card slot and is easy to open letting you replace internal micro sd card with a 32gb card. First copy image from internal sd card to your computer then write this image to your larger capacity sd card. I would keep the old sd card or at least a copy of the image as a backup.

Used and reconditioned Kobo ereaders are available from Ebay.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Aura One has 8GB of internal storage. Granted,some of that is used for the OS.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #21
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I have a page which will also show official builds for the device. Here is the page.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:53 AM   #22
slayerwpww
slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thank you guys. I will try the H20 (id I find it... I guess it has sold out).
slayerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerwpww View Post
Thank you guys. I will try the H20 (id I find it... I guess it has sold out).
If you live in the US, order your H2O from Chapters. They sell in Canadian Dollars and even with the shipping and with the exchange rate, you will save money. Plus, currently the H2O is $20 (CAD) off. Chapters is very good at getting your Reader to you. When I ordered mine, I got it in 5 days.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-14-2017 at 05:20 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you live in the US, order your H2O from Chapters. They sell in Canadian Dollars and even with the shipping and with the exchange rate, you will save money. Plus, currently the H2O is $20 (CAD). Chapters is very good at getting your Reader to you. When I ordered mine, I got it in 5 days.
Minor correction. Chapters/Indigo is currently selling the Aura H2O for $179.99 Cdn, a $20 discount so about $135 US.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura; firmware;