Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 06:59 AM   #1
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
plugboard help

OK in an attempt to sort my to read list, I have added a numeric column in Calibre called order.
I am trying to get my Kindle title changed so it now displays [read #] title
I have tried changing my plug board to this:
{#order:0>2s|[|]}{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | #| – }{title}
from
}{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| – }{title}

But nothing is different saved to my Kindle.

Help please
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
plugboard inserts the template values into the destination metadata field. did yo set it?
It could also be that you have simply overflowed the space allocated (on the device). but I don't think that would be your case or you would have mentioned that it was being truncated (something like no title showing)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2017, 09:28 AM   #3
hairybiker
Banned

What happened after rebooting my Kindle was I got several files called "Error in plugin data" or similar.
So it looks like my string is wrong.
I was assuming that {#order:0>2s|[|]} would give me [order], or is it the last part | - | #| – that is wrong? Or can I not combine them like this?

With the standard I get the normal "series name - #" which I have reverted to at the moment.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You cannot have 3 vertical bars in one template expression. What are you trying to do with that?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #5
hairybiker
Banned

I was trying to do the same as for 2, if no order# then no -
Advert
Old 06-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairybiker View Post
I was trying to do the same as for 2, if no order# then no -
My apologies, but I don't understand. If there is an order # then where should the - character go? And do you really want to use both a dash and an M-dash? Could you give some examples of what you want, with and without order# and series?

My guess is that you want
Code:
{#order:0>2s|[|] - }{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| – }{title}
but I am not at all sure.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #7
hairybiker
Banned

What I want is simply:
reading order# - series - series # - title
Or (the standard)
series - series # - title
if no reading order

I think your one will do that?
Old 06-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairybiker View Post
What I want is simply:
reading order# - series - series # - title
Or (the standard)
series - series # - title
if no reading order

I think your one will do that?
No. In the template I supplied there is no dash between series and series index (and there isn't in your template that works either), reading order is enclosed in [ ], and the two dashes have different sizes (as do the dashes in your template).

This gives you what you described:
Code:
{#order:0>2s|| - }{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
Old 06-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #9
hairybiker
Banned

Thanks will give that a try when I am back on my pc.