Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-28-2015, 06:31 PM   #1
ImaCurious1
ImaCurious1 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader V5
Question Anyone still have a copy of firmware for a V5?

Hi all,
I've been looking for firmware for my Astak EZreader V5 and all the support sights are no longer available.
I checked for compatibles as well (Jinke, Bebook Mini, etc).

I still love my e-reader but have been having problems with it freezing up on page turns. Hardware looks fine (visual inspection only- no indepth circuit analysis done), tried other batteries, books, SD cards, etc, so I figured I would try reinstalling the software.
It has the factory original linux ver 2.6.21.7 and f/w V2.02ASTAK.100706

If anyone still has a copy of this version and maybe a more recent I would appreciate it.
Thx
ImaCurious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
rrrlakin
shu-shu
rrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: two Astak PP/various kindles
If you still need, I have--a couple of different versions. The file may be too large to attach here.

Bob Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaCurious1 View Post

Hi all,
I've been looking for firmware for my Astak EZreader V5 and all the support sights are no longer available.
I checked for compatibles as well (Jinke, Bebook Mini, etc).

I still love my e-reader but have been having problems with it freezing up on page turns. Hardware looks fine (visual inspection only- no indepth circuit analysis done), tried other batteries, books, SD cards, etc, so I figured I would try reinstalling the software.
It has the factory original linux ver 2.6.21.7 and f/w V2.02ASTAK.100706

If anyone still has a copy of this version and maybe a more recent I would appreciate it.
Thx
rrrlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
ImaCurious1
ImaCurious1 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader V5
Hi Bob - thanks for the offer. I no longer need the firmware as I have determined that my device has a hardware problem. Something's not working and flashing the firmware didn't make any difference. Thanks.
ImaCurious1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
astak ez reader, firmware