Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #166
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Custom dicitonary disappeared ? :blink:

Hi,
Here I am again with a dictionary problem. I'm not quite sure if this is the right place for my request (if not I will try another post elsewhere).

I installed an extra English dictionary which I baptized English-English (hopefully one day Kobo firmware will allow me to call it English2, or English3 or some such, and allow me to have several dictionaries per language!.

This worked fine until an update caused problems. Now the English-English dictionary is no longer available for use. It is still installed and appears in the list of dictionary files on the Kobo when I examine the Kobo content on my computer.

But when I look up a word inside a book, although this dictionary appears in the list of dictionaries available in the menu inside the "look-up" window, when I press on a word I wish to check, when I try to open it to get the definition, I get a message that says: "You don't have an English dictionary installed. You can install dictionaries from the language settings".

In fact, I do have the original Kobo English dictionary installed and it is available as such. It is the English-English dictionary that I cannot access.

When I try to "install" this dictionary through the language settings, the English- English dictionary is not visible and so cannot be installed (even though it is present and the menu is visible inside a book).

Does anyone have an idea how I can get the English-English dictionary to function again?

Many thanks in advance,
Rojofo.
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #167
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I installed Webster's and Chambers dictionaries and they worked fine at first. Now when I highlight a word it says 'You don't have a Deutsch dictionary installed". Despite the fact it is still in the device itself! Did this problem get fixed?
steveparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert