Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #31
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankz View Post
The entire process is explained step-by-step with pictures and links to the tools that are needed here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...oks_on_Windows

It helped me tremendously.
I don't think everyone who syncs sideloaded books is using Mobi2Mobi GUI. I'm under the impression calibre is the only thing used.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #32
jswinden
Nameless Being

There is a detailed thread on how to do this via calibre and "the tools" someplace. I set up calibre to do all of this without having to think about it. As @Blossom says some ASINs don't get added for some reason, so you might have to do that manually but through calibre. You can use an ASIN that is legitimate or an ISBN or make one up that fits the pattern (formatting-wise).
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #33
frankz
frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Since the Wiki page I linked to is the first Google result when you search on the topic, if there is an easier way with less tools that actually works, that Wiki page should probably be updated (or at least point to updated information) by someone who knows the better way. No use leaving outdated information out there where literally everyone who does a search on Google about it is going to see it.
frankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #34
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankz View Post
Since the Wiki page I linked to is the first Google result when you search on the topic, if there is an easier way with less tools that actually works, that Wiki page should probably be updated (or at least point to updated information) by someone who knows the better way. No use leaving outdated information out there where literally everyone who does a search on Google about it is going to see it.
I would not be surprised if there are lots of outdated Wiki pages still out there. We are fortunate that a lot of tedious tools and tasks have been incorporated into calibre or at least into calibre plugins so that those of us who got tired of command lines back in the 1980s can simply tell calibre to go do all that for us.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #35
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I have tried all these suggestions. Sadly, the sideloaded books still aren't syncing.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #36
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
I have tried all these suggestions. Sadly, the sideloaded books still aren't syncing.
I see you have a few Kindles. Is it just the Fire that's not syncing with both eInk Kindles?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #37
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm trying to sync between the kindle fire and the touch. I converted the books via calibre and removed the [pdoc].
Old 11-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #38
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I'm trying to sync between the kindle fire and the touch. I converted the books via calibre and removed the [pdoc].
So, the Touch and Non-Touch sync with each other fine?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #39
techiegirl
Groupie

I haven't tried the touch with the non-touch. I gave the non-touch to hubby.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #40
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I haven't tried the touch with the non-touch. I gave the non-touch to hubby.
OK, I was just trying to narrow down the problem (if it's a Touch problem or Fire problem). I won't be able to try until tonight (between the Touch and Fire). Expecting delivery of Touch tonight.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #41
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
I sometimes have trouble syncing between my KF and my two E Ink Kindles, for no apparent reason I may add. My K3 syncs well with my K4 and both sync well with K4PC. Neither K3 nor K4 play nice with the KF though, or vice versa. The KF does sync well with K4PC. The common factor for sync booboos seems clearly to be the KF, so I'm thinking there might be a FW issue. If I keep trying to sync, doing manual syncs, then it will ultimately sync, but it is sure not doing it fast or automatically or consistently.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I have read some people having problems with the KT synching so it may not be a Kindle Fire problem.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #43
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
OK, I was just trying to narrow down the problem (if it's a Touch problem or Fire problem). I won't be able to try until tonight (between the Touch and Fire). Expecting delivery of Touch tonight.
No delivery today. Mechanical issues, so it's rescheduled for tomorrow. I received an email from Amazon informing me they refunded the next day delivery charge ($3.99). Wow, I didn't even have to initiate the request.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
No delivery today. Mechanical issues, so it's rescheduled for tomorrow. I received an email from Amazon informing me they refunded the next day delivery charge ($3.99). Wow, I didn't even have to initiate the request.
I wonder what happens if it part of free Prime shipping and it doesn't get there on time?

I have a package stuck in limbo that was suppose to be delivered today but nothing has changed in 24hrs. It still says to be delivered by today.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #45
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I wonder what happens if it part of free Prime shipping and it doesn't get there on time?

I have a package stuck in limbo that was suppose to be delivered today but nothing has changed in 24hrs. It still says to be delivered by today.
Mine was the same way until a moment ago. I refreshed the screen (UPS.com) and it now says scheduled for deliver tomorrow. It previously said today. I called UPS, so maybe that triggered an update. The last location still says the 27th though.