Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
andrewferguson
andrewferguson began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Question How does ebook-viewer know where I left off?

When I'm reading a book via Calibre's built in ebook-viewer and I close the book and come back later, it opens on the same page I was reading when I closed it.

How does it do this? Is this stored in a text file, a database, or somewhere else? I can'f find it using the calibedb command line tool, nor can I see an option in the ebook-viewer command line tool.

Does anyone know?
andrewferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
iterator.pickle in the calibre config directory
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
andrewferguson
andrewferguson began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Is there documentation on how this is stored? I've unpickled the file, and I understand that the dictionary key is just the path to the book file, prepended by "bookmark_", but I'm not sure what the value means.

For instance, what does "calibre_current_page_bookmark*|!|?|*49*|!|?|*/2/4/2[calibre_pb_1]/2/1:1\n" mean?
andrewferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:36 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't and its going to change anyway when I add support for proper annotations after the upcoming viewer rewrite (to move to Qt WebEngine and merge the codebases of the in-browser and desktop viewers). It's been waiting for Qt WebEngine to stabilize enough, I think it is almost there with Qt 5.11.1

The annotations format I create will be properly documented.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ebook-viewer, history