Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #1
mt40
mt40 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
My Kobo Aura One screen is broken

I purchased my Kobo Aura One a few months ago from eBay (product page).
One morning I bring it with me to work as usual and when I take it out of my back pack, the screen seems to be broken. Here is how it looks:

I never drop it and always keep it in my backpack when I travel and on my bed when I'm at home.
So I have no idea what possibly happened.

Is there any way to get this fixed? I'm living in Singapore.
I really love this device but buying a new one would be a too expensive option
mt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:16 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It's definitely broken. The backplane of most eInk screens are a very fragile glass which can break with either any kind of twisting force or a direct pressure or impact to the screen. I don't know that I've seen any replacement screens for the Aura One on Ali Express or anywhere.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:47 AM   #3
mt40
mt40 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Is replacing the screen something I can do myself without breaking the device completely?
mt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:05 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Something in your backpack came into contact with your reader and applied too much force.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo aura one, screen