Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 06:01 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Can't set preferred font in Sigil Code Editor window

Code view is less usable for me than it used to be.

I have a couple of monospace fonts installed that I prefer to the Windows default installed fonts. To wit, PT Mono from ParaType--- it has excellent differentiation between digit 1, upper-case I, & lower-case l; slashed zeros that do not look like upper-case O, etc, etc.

The fonts that are not part of the default Windows installation do not appear in the drop-down list of font choices. This happens on my Asus Win8 (64bit) laptop. I don't know if this is a Sigil thing, or a Win8 thing.

I used PT Mono when I was using version 6.x (v 5.x for sure) on my old XP machine, but apparently something has changed.

Does anybody know any tricks to use my preferred font?

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 01-24-2014 at 07:03 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
This appears to be a Win8/Sigil bug. However, you easily fix this by manually editing the sigil.ini file:

1. Close Sigil, and press Windows+R (Run).
2. Enter %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local and press Enter.
3. Locate the sigil-ebook folder and open the sigil folder in it.
4. Create a backup of sigil.ini and open it with an editor.
5. Locate the code_view_font_family_standard line, change the font name to PT Mono and save sigil.ini.
(It should look like this: code_view_font_family_standard=PT Mono)

When you start Sigil the next time it should use PT Mono in Code View mode.

Last edited by Doitsu; 01-24-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Doitsu, thanks so much for the help. I am so happy it is such a simple fix

Just one more reason to hate Win8 .
Did I say "hate"? No, no, no --- detest, despise, LOATHE ENTIRELY!

(I'm getting used to it, but it ain't no XP, and I don't mean in a good way.)
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appearance preferences, code view font, font choice