Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-31-2007, 04:33 PM   #16
Tokkeh
Reader
Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad /Palm TX
Selexyz is a group of bookshops that were until recently independent. I can't say if they still are but it looks most like a purchasing/marketing group of semi-independents. Most (not all of them - for example Verwijs in The Hague isn't) are in university cities/towns. Judging from the ones I know they sell books in both Dutch and English, maybe other languages too if enough demand. The website seems to be Dutch only and doesn't format well with my Firefox version so maybe I've missed something
For a list of addresses
http://www.selexyz.nl/pages/content/...000213/wo.aspx

Tokkeh
Tokkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:28 AM   #17
Martijn
Connoisseur
Martijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad
Note, however that the iLiad is only sold in Amsterdam, Utrecht and Rotterdam, according to their site. (And only in one specific Selexyz store per city)

While that does cover the largest cities, I wonder why the Selexyz in Eindhoven doesn't sell any, since Eindhoven is also the home of Irex.
(And I would be very interested to go and have a look at the device.)
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #18
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I'm still getting used to the idea that you cannot just walk into a shop and buy e ink devices. It is great that at least in the Netherlands you will now be able to do so. I will never forget the sweaty palmed adrenalin rush I got from spending $700 over the internet on a thing i had never seen,
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #19
shiggie
shiggie began at the beginning.

Don't really want the iliad to get that cheap!

Having just shelled out £470 for one, I'd quite like it to stay outside of the average price bracket for some time yet... Maybe that's just me, but I much preferred it when I paid £330 for an iPod and no-one'd ever heard of them! It's nice to be at the front with the people who push these technologies through... let the masses wait!
shiggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 AM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
I'm still getting used to the idea that you cannot just walk into a shop and buy e ink devices. It is great that at least in the Netherlands you will now be able to do so.
The Sony Reader has had a retail presence for about 13 months now.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #21
ig88
Gadget Guy
ig88 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad - iPhone - OSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
I'm still getting used to the idea that you cannot just walk into a shop and buy e ink devices.
Well you can.

Here in teh US, the Sony's are everywhere.

Target has them, in our dinkly little town of less than 9,000.

I saw a Sony at a Borders bookstore in the airport of all places.
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:23 AM   #22
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Yes you can buy these devices in a store, problem is only stores in the U.S.A and Netherlands it appears. Oh, and soon in the U.K. I am pleased for those people. It does leave the other 6 billion or so people on the planet out in the cold but so it goes. Thank goodness for the internet is what I am thinking, and for the people on this forum that are so prepared to help out others with solid advice.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:14 AM   #23
shiggie
shiggie began at the beginning.

No kidding! iRex owe this forum so much; without the reviews of HenrysCat and Tribble et al, I certainly wouldn't have bought one... it simply isn't feasible to spend that kind of money on something you've never seen until you've got confirmation that it's any good. The iRex site is frankly crap, so I shudder to think how far the iliad wouldn't have come without you guys!
shiggie is offline   Reply With Quote