Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-20-2022, 11:48 PM   #1
tamaracks
Connoisseur
tamaracks began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova3
Template functions not showing return value (calibre 6.5)

For the past day or two, I am not getting any return values showing in the Template Functions dialog box. I mean the "Template Value" column that previews the output of the template functions for the currently selected book.

It might have started when I installed the most recent update (6.5). Is it just me? Any ideas how to fix it?
tamaracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:33 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
least I can confirm is that on 6.4 that's working as usual...
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 01:03 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Working for me on 6.5, my templates are very simple.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:25 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaracks View Post
For the past day or two, I am not getting any return values showing in the Template Functions dialog box. I mean the "Template Value" column that previews the output of the template functions for the currently selected book.

It might have started when I installed the most recent update (6.5). Is it just me? Any ideas how to fix it?
Works for me. See the screen captures.

Make sure that a) there is a book selected and b) that the template actually returns something. If the first is true then a title will show in the Template value line. The latter can be tested by doing what the second screen capture shows, adding a fixed value at the end for the template to return.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	196669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	196670  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 11:20 AM   #5
tamaracks
Connoisseur
tamaracks began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Works for me. See the screen captures.

Make sure that a) there is a book selected and b) that the template actually returns something. If the first is true then a title will show in the Template value line. The latter can be tested by doing what the second screen capture shows, adding a fixed value at the end for the template to return.
Thanks. I'm aware of making sure a book has been selected, and it is.

And in checking that for the umpteenth time, I realized that "enable breakpoints" was checked, and that was the trouble. So, I'm an idiot, and thanks!
tamaracks is offline   Reply With Quote