Notices

Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
garthoid
Enthusiast
garthoid is on a distinguished road

Device: axim, bebook, BPDN
Hello from Ottawa, Canada

Hi,

I live in Ottawa and am considering buying a ebook reader. I currently use my PDA (Dell AXIM) for reading.

Formats of preference are PDF and CHM. When using the PDA I prefer CHM as the rendering is more consistent with the CHM reader I purchased. The PDFs are hit and miss since not all PDF files reflow well since they do not have the accessibility tags built in.

And therein lies the problem - something that reads PDFs and CHMs.

That leaves me with essentially two choices(Hanlin v3, or rebrands), IRex, and Astak Mentor. IRex is overpriced, Astak has yet to be released.

So my choice appears to be Bebook.

The Sony PRS-505 can be purchased locally but then there is the issue of converting CHMs. Has anyone had the experience of converting CHMs to a readable state on the PRS-505?

Any thoughts in general?

Garth
garthoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Garth and welcome to the Forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert