Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 03:59 AM   #1
Glubbish
Enthusiast
Glubbish began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
format on device

Hi,
This is probably simple, but its been a couple of years and I had to reinstall windows and lost my setup.

On the reader I see:
Title
series - series#
Author

By following https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections
I was able to add a new book and it went into the correct series (collection)
However it appears as
Title
Author

Been trying for ages making changes ejecting the device checking rinse and repeat, but cannot seem to get it to work

Can someone please tell me the setting to use.

Thanks Derek
Glubbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:53 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The series information is set if the driver configuration has the metadata update options turned on. These are on the "Metadata, on device & advanced" tab. Enable the general "Update metadata on the device" option, and then either the "Set series information" or "Update metadata on Book Details page" option. The latter does a lot more updating. You also need the "Metatata management" set to automatic, but, if you have the collections being updated, that should already be done.

If this is done, the next time you connect the device, the series info should be set.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
Glubbish
Enthusiast
Glubbish began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Thanks David.

I already had set series information.
So I also selected "Update metadata on Book Details page"
and that fixed the issue.

The book in question now has the same format as the others.

Thanks again
Derek
Glubbish is offline   Reply With Quote