Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Calibre books disappeared

This is not good. I had a LOT of books on there and my Calibre folder is empty.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo

That's not good - can you share any more information about how this happened?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

I just opened up Calibre and nothing is there so I looked at the folder on my 'documents' and it is empty as well. I have done nothing to it.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

I had that happen once. My Calibre library is on a NAS, and I suspect it became disconnected when I shut the lid on my laptop. It takes a few seconds for my WiFi to reconnect and Calibre must have decided the library was gone and done something tragic before it reconnected. So I've taken care to shut down Calibre when I'm not using it.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #5
wrenn1
Addict

I normally shut it off when I am done but I guess I might not have. What a pain. When I tried to add books again it showed that I had a reader plugged in and I don't and it added my entire documents....tax forms etc even though I had directed it to my book folder. I uninstalled and will try again.

Thanks for the responses.
Advert