Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
Freedomland
Enthusiast
Freedomland began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen 2021
SOME Sideloaded Books dont stay in PW3 Collections

As it says. Some of my side loaded books seem to refuse to stay in their collections (made on the PW3). Ex: I made a Robert Heinlein collection. One book stayed in. All the others fell out. And here's the kicker. it only happens after I unplug from updating or adding a book via the USB (usually thru Calibre)
Other collections stay in place.. or rather the books stay in place. Very very weird. Oh majority of the books are in MOBI format

Any suggestions??

No it's not Jailbroken and I'm only using the built in collection manager..(yeah I know it's tedious.. but as I've posted before I'll have to wait until either someone or Amazon makes Collections easier to work.without a chance of losing everything)
Freedomland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #2
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
I have one book I've sideloaded on my Oasis that, sometimes, loses its place in the collection when I download a new book straight from Amazon. I don't get it!

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #3
Freedomland
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Man View Post
I have one book I've sideloaded on my Oasis that, sometimes, loses its place in the collection when I download a new book straight from Amazon. I don't get it!

-HM
yup! The Heinlein collection is the most recent. I've a collection of James Hogan books.. All sideloaded. And 1 book keeps falling out. No idea as to why
Old 01-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomland View Post
yup! The Heinlein collection is the most recent. I've a collection of James Hogan books.. All sideloaded. And 1 book keeps falling out. No idea as to why
It's Velikovsky's planetary billiards, only with books rather than Jupiter.

(sorry, but this *is* Hogan, and of all the many, many kookeries he fell for in his later years, the Velikovskianism is the most amusing. :P )
NullNix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #5
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I have two sideloaded (AZW3 format) books that keep popping out. Anytime I sync to download new books from Amazon or the library, those two jump out of their collection. I thought about reconverting them to see if that would change anything but... I'm lazy.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I have two sideloaded (AZW3 format) books that keep popping out. Anytime I sync to download new books from Amazon or the library, those two jump out of their collection. I thought about reconverting them to see if that would change anything but... I'm lazy.
Well, glad to know it's not just a couple of us. And yep, same thing for me...it's the sync to Amazon that pops it out (although it doesn't seem to happen all the time).

The sideloaded book of mine is KFX format.

-HM
Old 01-05-2017, 11:12 PM   #7
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I bought a book from Amazon that did the same thing. It would stay in the collection a few days and then not be in it anymore. I'd put it back and that would repeat. I finally read the book and removed it to solve the problem.

It seems I might have had that problem with another book some time a year or two ago but I'm not sure I remember it right. I don't remember any details about that one.

I just assumed this was some glitch somewhere in the system. It's not a common problem for me so I don't worry about it.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #8
Freedomland
Enthusiast

does anyone know why?? or know of any fix for this??
Old 01-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #9
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I tried turning off Whispersync. So far, so good, but that could just mean they haven't decided to make a break for it yet.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
Hollow Man
Addict

It happened to me again last night when I bought and downloaded new books from Amazon. Grr.

-HM
Old 01-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #11
Freedomland
Enthusiast

seems I brought up something that wasn't talked about. And I'm sideloading mine. And it's weird. it doesnt happen to every collection. It's a roll of the dice