Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #466
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The first book of Conn Iggulden's historical fiction series about Genghis Khan is on sale for $0.99 at Amazon: Genghis: Birth of an Empire

I haven't read this series, but I very much enjoyed his series on Julius Caesar, Emperor.
I think they changed the title. Couldn't find this one on US or UK in Kindle even with the link, but there is a series for Ghenghis.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:40 PM   #467
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
I think they changed the title. Couldn't find this one on US or UK in Kindle even with the link, but there is a series for Ghenghis.
It shows up for me on Amazon.com. When searching it shows as an Audible listing. Clicking on that shows all available editions. I am in the US.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #468
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
It shows up for me on Amazon.com. When searching it shows as an Audible listing. Clicking on that shows all available editions. I am in the US.
Hmmm... still pulls for me just fine. Here's another link: Genghis: Birth of an Empire (Conqueror series Book 1)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:36 PM   #469
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The hippy classic Trout Fishing in America by Richard Brautigan is on sale for $1.99 at Amazon.

Quote:
Richard Brautigan was a literary idol of the 1960s and ’70s who came of age during the heyday of Haight-Ashbury and whose comic genius and iconoclastic vision of American life caught the imaginations of young people everywhere. Called “the last of the Beats,” his early books became required reading for the hip generation, and on its publication Trout Fishing in America became an international bestseller. An indescribable romp, the novel is best summed up in one word: mayonnaise.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:46 PM   #470
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Now $2.99 at the same e-tailers, so if you missed it back in 2017 at $1.99, you have another chance at a pretty good price. @BetterRead's links below are all still good. As I've said before, this is my favorite Steinbeck tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post
East of Eden by John Steinbeck is currently $1.99 at Amazon US, Google Play, and Kobo. ($16.99 at B&N.)

https://www.amazon.com/East-Eden-Joh...dp/B001BC5HXG/

https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=OPy6E5ZhXs0C

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/east-of-eden-3

Last edited by sufue; 01-20-2019 at 08:53 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:17 PM   #471
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Now $2.99 at the same e-tailers, so if you missed it back in 2017 at $1.99, you have another chance at a pretty good price. @BetterRead's links below are all still good. As I've said before, this is my favorite Steinbeck tale.
I was about to post the same book!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:57 AM   #472
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I think we've had a meeting of the minds about Mr. Steinbeck before

Quote:
I was about to post the same book!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:11 AM   #473
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The fantastical and awesome 999-line masterpiece written by John Slade is available at Amazon.com. This brilliant poem is skillfully explicated by Dr. Charles Kinbote. Somehow, Vladimir Nabakov steals the credit from those two literary giants. Pale Fire is a measly $2.99.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:46 AM   #474
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
The fantastical and awesome 999-line masterpiece written by John Slade is available at Amazon.com. This brilliant poem is skillfully explicated by Dr. Charles Kinbote. Somehow, Vladimir Nabakov steals the credit from those two literary giants. Pale Fire is a measly $2.99.
Oh, love this! Thank you. And as Glinda the Witch almost said, Kobo, too.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #475
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

I love books that take me in to a world I know nothing about. Here's a book that offers a behind the scenes look at Chinese opera:

The Moon Opera by Bi Feiyu is $1.99 at Amazon

Quote:
Twenty years ago, in a fit of diva jealousy, Xiao Yanqiu, star of The Moon Opera, violently assaulted her understudy. Spurned by the troupe, she turned to teaching.

Now, a rich cigarette-factory boss has offered to underwrite a restaging of the cursed opera—but only on the condition that Xiao Yanqiu return to the role of Chang’e. So she does, this time believing she has fully become the immortal moon goddess . . .
Old 01-25-2019, 06:18 AM   #476
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Hmmm... still pulls for me just fine. Here's another link: Genghis: Birth of an Empire (Conqueror series Book 1)
That page still doesn't show a Kindle version for me.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:02 PM   #477
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
That page still doesn't show a Kindle version for me.
What's your location? Maybe it's just not available where you are. You could always go to Amazon and just search for Conn Iggulden Genghis

The book has now gone all the way up to the outrageous price of $2.99.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:48 AM   #478
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The first five books of Bernard Cornwell's "The Last Kingdom" series which is set in the time of Alfred the Great are currently on offer for £0.99 each at Amazon UK, TODAY ONLY.

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-27-2019 at 02:56 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:17 PM   #479
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Widdershins by Helen Steadman is available on Amazon UK for 99p. I'm not sure what the usual price is, but this seems like a bargain.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:54 AM   #480
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The Last Days of Night: A Novel by Graham Moore is $1.99 at most retailers. Random House 2016.
https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=BLNQCwAAQBAJ
https://smile.amazon.com/Last-Days-N...t+graham+moore

Quote:
New York, 1888. Gas lamps still flicker in the city streets, but the miracle of electric light is in its infancy. The person who controls the means to turn night into day will make history--and a vast fortune. A young untested lawyer named Paul Cravath, fresh out of Columbia Law School, takes a case that seems impossible to win. Paul's client, George Westinghouse, has been sued by Thomas Edison over a billion-dollar question: Who invented the light bulb and holds the right to power the country?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote