Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #16681
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I bought a Kobo egift card for myself a few days ago, i.e. I sent the card to the same email address that I used to purchase it, but I still got the 2500 super points from this promotion.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:59 AM   #16682
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I bought a Kobo egift card for myself a few days ago, i.e. I sent the card to the same email address that I used to purchase it, but I still got the 2500 super points from this promotion.
Thank you for your post, I always wondered if that would work but never tried it. Now I will
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:17 PM   #16683
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
I did the same promotion in Canada and already received my 2500 points!
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #16684
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
I did the same promotion in Canada and already received my 2500 points!
I ended up trying it and I did also get the 2500 points!
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #16685
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Sadly, it was not available in the US.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:25 AM   #16686
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
If you need to renew or want to start a Kobo VIP membership right now, you're in luck, in the US at least. You can use promo code VIPHALF to get 50% off the membership.

From the offer page:

Quote:
We think our most passionate booklovers deserve the VIP treatment. For a limited time, you can earn more, save more, and collect rewards even faster for only $5 for a year. Hurry, this special offer expires on January 3rd, 2019!
Added: Sadly it didn't work for me with a current membership. It let me add the membership to the cart via the upgrade button on the web page, but then when I tried to check out, it kept saying my cart was empty. Not sure if it's a glitch or intentional, but either way, didn't work to extend my existing membership. (Didn't really think it would, but worth a try.... )

Last edited by sufue; 12-26-2018 at 07:29 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #16687
jimars
Zealot
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
I tried to do that as well in the past and it didn't work. Is it my imagination, or has kobo really cut down on its various promotions? No bonus superpoints, very few extensive sales, etc. (at least in the US).
jimars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #16688
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimars View Post
I tried to do that as well in the past and it didn't work. Is it my imagination, or has kobo really cut down on its various promotions? No bonus superpoints, very few extensive sales, etc. (at least in the US).
There appears to be a 5x super points promotion on right now, in Canada at least, though I can't find a list of books that qualify. I did just buy Cave of Bones by Anne Hillerman and got 195 super points for a $1.99 CAD book that would normally only give me 39 points.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:04 PM   #16689
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
There appears to be a 5x super points promotion on right now, in Canada at least, though I can't find a list of books that qualify. I did just buy Cave of Bones by Anne Hillerman and got 195 super points for a $1.99 CAD book that would normally only give me 39 points.
There is a "Boxing Week" sale on here at https://www.kobo.com/au/en/p/boxingweek2018ANZ. The email says "$4.99 and under" and "earn 5x the Super Points". The page doesn't mention the super point, but they are mentioned on the book pages.

I just had a look at the Canadian home page, and has a "Boxing week" promotion on it. The details are different, and I can't see the book from here, but it is probably the one you are looking for. The link I can see is https://www.kobo.com/p/boxingweek18.

Also, there is 30% of audio books in Australia. "Use code SAVE30 to get a30% of all audiobooks". The link on the home page is https://www.kobo.com/p/boxingweekaudio. It lists a few audiobooks, but clicking on some random audiobooks, it seems to be valid for everything. The same link is on some of the other home pages, so it might be worldwide.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:53 AM   #16690
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is a "Boxing Week" sale on here at https://www.kobo.com/au/en/p/boxingweek2018ANZ. The email says "$4.99 and under" and "earn 5x the Super Points". The page doesn't mention the super point, but they are mentioned on the book pages.
Thanks for the tip, David. Kobo doesn't send me emails, but thanks to your post I picked up 2 for $10 and a decent boost to my points total as well
Old 01-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #16691
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Email code I won't be using:

Choose your next eBook or audiobook for less

Get 90% off select titles - apply promo code E2PAFD at checkout

Offer expires 02-1-2019

Offer valid until 02-1-2019. Each registered user may use the promotional code for one eBook purchase, on select eBook titles only. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change the titles in this list at any time without notice. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:46 PM   #16692
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFuller View Post
Get 90% off select titles - apply promo code E2PAFD at checkout
Do you have the link to the list of select titles the code works with?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:08 AM   #16693
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Do you have the link to the list of select titles the code works with?
This is the 'Shop Now' link from the email:
https://shop.kobo.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0...GC-UOfbGDBa_pN.
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:08 AM   #16694
icenova96
icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I started buying books from Kobo again and after I bought one book they sent me a 25% off code! Maybe they send codes when they don't think people will use them now, but it did work out for me.
icenova96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:57 AM   #16695
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

None of the codes here have ever worked for me, but I've definitely bought many more books since switching from Kindle to Kobo. The prices are generally a little (~$1) higher, but their specials and the accumulation of VIP points has seen my Kobo bought library grow very quickly.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals