Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2018, 09:24 AM   #46
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantinus View Post
Sorry, maybe I missed something, is the final answer that the pop-up footnotes cannot be italicized?
Yes, you can.
You must add #text {font-style: italic;} into replace stream.
Perhaps something like this
Spoiler:
Code:
footnotes and alike:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
  - FindZlib: "#ConfirmationDialog"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "#ConfirmationDialog {\n  background-color: transparent;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[isSansSerifDialog=true][qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  qproperty-widgetSpacing: 0;\n}\n\
                TouchLabel {\n  qproperty-forceRepaintOnInvert: true;\n  qproperty-highQualityInvert: true;\n}\n\
                #frame {\n  background-color: #FFFFFF;\n}\n\
                #header,\n#title,\n#text {\n  padding: 0px;\n  font-family: Georgia;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n\
                #header[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"],\n#title[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"],\n#text[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n\
                #header[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"],\n#title[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"],\n#text[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"] {\n  qproperty-leading: 5;\n}\n\
                #title[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  margin-bottom: 15px;\n}\n\
                #title[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  margin-bottom: 20px;\n}\n\
                #title[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  margin-bottom: 28px;\n}\n\
                #title[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  margin-bottom: 36px;\n}\n\
                #text {\n  font-family: Avenir;\n}\n\
                #text[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n\
                #text[qApp_localeName=\"tr_TR\"] {\n  font-family: Georgia;\n}\n\
                #text[isTextEditDialog=true] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n\
                #text[isSansSerifDialog=true] {\n  font-family: Avenir;\n  padding: 0px;\n}\n\
                #text[isSansSerifDialog=true][qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  padding-bottom: 12;\n}\n\
                #text[isSansSerifDialog=true][qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  padding-bottom: 8;\n}\n\
                #rejectButton,\n#acceptButton {\n  qproperty-primaryButton: true;\n}\n\
                #pixmapContainerLayout[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  margin-bottom: 38px;\n}\n\
                #pixmapContainerLayout[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  margin-bottom: 45px;\n}\n\
                #pixmapContainerLayout[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  margin-bottom: 54px;\n}\n\
                #pixmapContainerLayout[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  margin-bottom: 70px;\n}\n\
                #keyboardStatusContainer,\n#keyboardStatusContainer * {\n  background: #000000;\n  color: #FFFFFF;\n}\n\
                #keyboardStatusText {\n  background-color: solid black;\n  font-family: Georgia;\n  padding: 0px;\n}\n\
                #keyboardFrame {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n\
                #keyboardFrame[isTextEditDialog=true],\n#keyboardFrame[isPasswordDialog=true] {\n  qproperty-visible: true;\n}\n\
                #closeButton {\n  background-color: transparent;\n}\n\
                #contentContainer {\n  qproperty-topMargin: 0px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #text[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 17px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #text[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 22px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #text[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 26px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #text[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 30px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #text[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 30px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #text[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 34px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #title[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #title[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #title[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #title[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #title[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #title[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}"
# Font in pop-up text (footnotes and alike) -> #header,#title,#text
# #text italicized
      Replace: "#ConfirmationDialog{background-color:transparent;}\n\
                TouchLabel{qproperty-forceRepaintOnInvert:true;qproperty-highQualityInvert:true;}\n\
                #frame{background-color:white;}\n\
                #header,#title,#text{padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-style:normal;}\n\
                #title{margin-bottom:36px;}\n\
                #text{font-style:italic;}\n\
                #text[isTextEditDialog=true]{qproperty-visible:false;}\n\
                #text[isSansSerifDialog=true]{font-family:Avenir;padding:0px;padding-bottom:12;}\n\
                #rejectButton,#acceptButton{qproperty-primaryButton:true;}\n\
                #pixmapContainerLayout{margin-bottom:70px;}\n\
                #keyboardStatusContainer,#keyboardStatusContainer *{background:black;color:white;}\n\
                #keyboardStatusText{font-family:Georgia;padding:0px;background-color:solid black;}\n\
                #keyboardFrame{qproperty-visible:false;}\n\
                #keyboardFrame[isTextEditDialog=true],#keyboardFrame[isPasswordDialog=true]{qproperty-visible:true;}\n\
                #closeButton{background-color:transparent;}\n\
                #contentContainer{qproperty-topMargin:0px;}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #text{font-size:40px;}\n\
                #ConfirmationDialog[longTextDialog=true][qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #title{font-size:43px;}"

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	358
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	168043  
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:13 AM   #47
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I would LOVE the popup footnotes to show italics, but I am not sure how or where to implement jcn363's fix. Does it go in the "Change pop-up footnote font-family" patch? If not, to what file do I add the line "#text{font-style:italic;}\n\"? Thanks for any hints.
icallaci is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #48
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I would LOVE the popup footnotes to show italics, but I am not sure how or where to implement jcn363's fix. Does it go in the "Change pop-up footnote font-family" patch? If not, to what file do I add the line "#text{font-style:italic;}\n\"? Thanks for any hints.
If you don't want to use (or modify) the previous one in nickel patch file, I think you can alter in this way:
Spoiler:
Code:
Change pop-up footnote font-family:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      This patch allows you to change the font-family for the kepub pop-up footnotes (it
      will also affect a few other dialogs, like no wifi, marked as finished, marked as
      unread, etc).
  # In ReadingController::showFootnoteDialog(Bookmark const&), a ConfirmationDialog is created.
  # This changes the styles for ConfirmationDialog > #text
  - FindZlib: "#ConfirmationDialog[isSansSerifDialog=true]"
  - ReplaceZlib: {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-style:italic;}"} # with this change you'll have the same font family (for header and message) and italic for message
  - ReplaceZlib: {Find: "font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;", Replace: "font-family: Georgia;"}

Note: You can leave the font-family if you want a different one from the header.
Good luck.

Last edited by jcn363; 11-28-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:20 PM   #49
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Thank you!
icallaci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:27 AM   #50
konstantinus
Connoisseur
konstantinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Perhaps something like this
Is this your option to change the font of pop-up footnotes? I do not really understand what is there for editing.
Quote:
Note: You can leave the font-family if you want a different one from the header.
Semicolon? Thanks for the help.
P.S. I change the font in any line - the font of the title of the pop-up window of the footnote does not change.

Last edited by konstantinus; 11-29-2018 at 10:12 AM.
konstantinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #51
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Is this your option to change the font of pop-up footnotes? I do not really understand what is there for editing.

Semicolon? Thanks for the help.
P.S. I change the font in any line - the font of the title of the pop-up window of the footnote does not change.
The red line of the example change the body-text of note in the pop-up.
If you want all the texts of the pop-up to be italicized then you can remove the red line and change this one:
Code:
#header,#title,#text{padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-style:normal;}
to become into:
Code:
#header,#title,#text{padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-style:italic;}
And if you want another font-family with italic in the body-text, then
Code:
#text{font-family:Arial;font-style:italic;}
Good luck.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #52
konstantinus
Connoisseur
konstantinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
Quote:
If you want all the texts of the pop-up to be italicized then you can remove the red line and change this one
It works great. It is a pity that this patch is not available along with other patches, with some explanations.
konstantinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #53
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
It works great. It is a pity that this patch is not available along with other patches, with some explanations.
It can be. All that needs to be done is for a PR to be opened on the GitHub repository, and I'll merge the patch.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:25 AM   #54
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Please delete. Sorry, Tapatalk messed up where I was again ... sigh...

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 12-13-2018 at 06:27 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #55
stupdude2
stupdude2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The interface has changed since this comment, but I have a similar request. Since I read without header, footer or progress bar, I don't know how many pages / time is left in my chapter unless I tap to open the menu then touch the chart. The page count in the reading menu is for the entire book, even in kepubs for some reason. I've combined a couple of solutions into a single screenshot.

1) Enable graph page automatically when you open the reading menu
2) show header page / time information in the reading menu - possibly next to the chapter name.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3nles1z8t...ockup.png?dl=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Is it possible to get a patch that sets which menu option comes up by default when you click on the bottom while reading (for kepubs). In this firmware, it seems to always come up with the navigation menu; in the older firmware version I was using on my Glo HD, it would come up with what last selected.

My first choice would be what was last selected. My second choice would be the graph menu.

Thanks. And thank you and great work on the patches!
stupdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #56
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupdude2 View Post
The interface has changed since this comment, but I have a similar request. Since I read without header, footer or progress bar, I don't know how many pages / time is left in my chapter unless I tap to open the menu then touch the chart. The page count in the reading menu is for the entire book, even in kepubs for some reason. I've combined a couple of solutions into a single screenshot.

2) show header page / time information in the reading menu - possibly next to the chapter name.

Please don't post the same question in multiple places, it's against MR guidelines.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #57
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Please don't post the same question in multiple places, it's against MR guidelines.
Indeed. If a post is in the wrong place, a poster should report it and ask that it be moved. Don’t repost, even if you subsequently ask that the first post be deleted.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupdude2 View Post

Why are you posting in the thread for firmware 4.11.11982? If such a patch can be made, it would be for 4.25.15875. So you really need to edit youe message to delete it and post in the 4.25.15875 thread. I cannot see Geek1011 doing this for such an old firmware and not the current firmware.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching