Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #16
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I'm at about 21,500 but I'm cheating this year (shh, it's a secret).

Rather than concentrate on one project, I'm all about trying to finish (or make a serious dent in) the...eleven (I just counted them*) projects I have in various stages of not-doneness. Or at least get them close to completion. In addition to the idea that just popped into my head last night...which makes it twelve. Woe.
Some have been on the computer since...two computers ago (about nine or ten years).

* I just counted them...that sounds wrong in my head. Is that wrong (apart from the fact of eleven, er, twelve, works in progress, I mean)? Hmm.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #17
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
I'm at about 21,500 but I'm cheating this year (shh, it's a secret).

Rather than concentrate on one project, I'm all about trying to finish (or make a serious dent in) the...eleven (I just counted them*) projects I have in various stages of not-doneness. Or at least get them close to completion. In addition to the idea that just popped into my head last night...which makes it twelve. Woe.
Some have been on the computer since...two computers ago (about nine or ten years).

* I just counted them...that sounds wrong in my head. Is that wrong (apart from the fact of eleven, er, twelve, works in progress, I mean)? Hmm.
You don't have enough WIP. You need a couple more in other means.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:31 AM   #18
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You don't have enough WIP. You need a couple more in other means.
In the immortal words of Officer O'Hara in Arsenic and Old Lace, "I get wonderful ideas but I can't spell them."
Old 11-15-2017, 04:36 AM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I get the impression that Nano is losing steam.

There doesn't seem to be that much rabid interest expressed here at Mobileread as there once had been just a few years ago.

Now that Grandma Bruce and convicted killer Uncle Jose, along with our two-legged cat ('Roadkill Harry') all competing, perhaps most everyone now sees it as a sort of joke.*

* = Not that there's anything wrong with a good joke.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #20
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I get the impression that Nano is losing steam.

There doesn't seem to be that much rabid interest expressed here at Mobileread as there once had been just a few years ago.

Now that Grandma Bruce and convicted killer Uncle Jose, along with our two-legged cat ('Roadkill Harry') all competing, perhaps most everyone now sees it as a sort of joke.*

* = Not that there's anything wrong with a good joke.
If you want an interesting challenge, a short story complete with cover and uploaded within 8 hours.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:51 PM   #21
skb
Evangelist

Well, I'm meeting my word targets but I'm all over the road like a mad woman's breakfast (I know that doesn't make sense, but that saying has been in my family for years).

Anyway, I am writing and thinking about bits. And I came up with another story idea, so I think that means thirteen works in progress. Unlucky for some. But I have been adding meat to previously languishing stories and in one case, taken it off in a different, yet unexpected, direction. Go me.

Going by the forums over at NaNo, I'd say it's powering on. It may just be a different (new) bunch of participants who aren't MR-enabled. I've done it (NaNo), with varying degrees of success, for years, but even if I don't finish I do make an effort to finish at least one short story and come up with new story ideas. Oh, wait.

Sigh.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #22
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Dr Drib: I've had to take two illness breaks this year, which has meant several days off a week in and a week before the end. (I have poorly controlled epilepsy which means I can't work.) No way will I make 50K but I've made lots of progress and enjoyed doing it. I've also had problems with my right shift key not registering (have bought an external keyboard).

The year (2010) I won, I collapsed in an exhausted heap at the end and didn't write for months, so maybe slower is better.

There seems to be as much activity in the nano forums. It would be interesting to know what the participation stats are for this year.

Last edited by BookCat; 11-25-2017 at 12:23 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:56 AM   #23
oliverqueennie
King of Lian Yu
oliverqueennie doesn't litteroliverqueennie doesn't litteroliverqueennie doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
almost at the end of the month! how did you do????
oliverqueennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:42 AM   #24
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
It's just turned 30-Nov here in Australia. Just sayin'. No pressure or anything.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:13 AM   #25
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I eventually wrote only 31,525 words. But this is more than I would have written if I hadn't participated. Most of the shortfall was unavoidable. I'm still nowhere near the end of the novel, looks like I'll be doing lots of editing, cutting out the dross.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:35 PM   #26
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Good effort BookCat. There's always lots of editing, so no loss there.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discipline, nanowrimo, procrastination