Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
feraudyh
feraudyh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle D01100
Question Copy/Paste from LibreOffice: font varies

Hi,
I wrote a text in Libre Office originally, and I wanted to get it into Sigil with the least work, so I copied and pasted it into Sigil but not as just plain text.
Luckily a lot of my formatting was preserved (like italics), but ...
the strange thing is that sometimes the text looks like Times New Roman, and most of the time like Arial inside Sigil, whereas I had not meant that.
Is there any way to repair this?
thanks
Henri
feraudyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #2
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
There's an Open Office/Libre Office plugin Writer2ePub that will produce an epub from your document which should solve many of your problems.

In addition there is a sub-forum for the plugin here in E-book Software on Mobile Reads.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
There's an Open Office/Libre Office plugin Writer2ePub that will produce an epub from your document which should solve many of your problems.
Shameless plug: there's also a Writer2LaTeX based ODT import Sigil plugin.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Any of those suggestions are going to much better than pasting your content into Sigil. Small snippets of text/code is one thing, but copying a ton of rendered content and pasting it (whether plain-text or otherwise) into Book View should always be considered a last resort.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
And if you save as DOCX, there's DiapDealers DOCX Import plugin for Sigil - which I have only just began playing with. I have a feeling that once I get the style mappings right, it will become my preferred Word/Writer to ePUB conversion method.

The plugin can be found at ==>> [Plugin] DOCXImport.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:37 AM   #6
feraudyh
feraudyh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle D01100
Thankyou all for your replies,
I have tried the Writer2ePub plugin for LibreOffice. During execution I got a message that it could not convert all the styles I was using, it crashed leaving my LibreOffice writer hanging, and my odt file was corrupted. So I will not be trying it again in the near future.

I will try the ODT import plugin, though.
I will leave the DiapDealers DOCX Import plugin for Sigil as a later alternative if the previous one does not work out.

I have even considered designing my own xml format, some CSS to display it and a Python script to convert the xml into the appropriate XHTML. That is obviously a fair amount of work!

Henri
feraudyh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy, fonts, formatting