Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-27-2019, 03:44 PM   #676
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldi View Post
I am using this plugin since years and it always worked fine.
But since one week it's a desaster;
Whenever I click on the icon in the menuebar Calibre stops working.
Whatever button I click there is a short beep from Windows, that's all.
The only way to stop the program is via the Taskmanager.
I removed and reinstalled the plugin but it did not help.
What to do?
Moderator Notice

Please post plugin specific problems in the plugin's thread - use index to find the thread Ψ³

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:19 AM   #677
Poldi
Connoisseur
Poldi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Talking That did it

Yes, clicking on return displayed the plugin.
Thanks a lot.
Wonder why it worked before without return
Poldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2019, 01:02 PM   #678
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Please post plugin specific problems in the plugin's thread - use index to find the thread Ψ³

BR
???? I thought his problem was with Find Duplicates.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:16 PM   #679
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
???? I thought his problem was with Find Duplicates.
A thread was started about Find Duplicates outside of this thread. I reported it so it could be moved.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:10 AM   #680
Sawdoctor4
Sawdoctor4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Calibre Cross Library Search Items

I have a number of libraries to store the books in.
Over time I have added and removed these Libraries by changing locations and upgrading the hard disks they sit on.
To check I don't have duplicates I use the Cross Library Search Option.
The pull down menu displays the locations of the various libraries.
How do you remove the locations that are no longer valid??
I cannot find an option to remove them from the pull down list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Find Duplicates.png
Views:	187
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	174999  
Sawdoctor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2019, 04:40 AM   #681
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think this PI uses the known Library list that was added with Switch/create

Go back there and use the Delete (that is really just a forget ) to remove the linkage. It will advise you, that if you reall want the actual library gone, you need to use the OS delete after this.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #682
Sawdoctor4

the ducks

Go back there and use the Delete (that is really just a forget ) to remove the linkage. It will advise you, that if you real want the actual library gone, you need to use the OS delete after this.

This does not work when I was adding upgrading the hard disk storage drives moving the the libraries to new locations drive letters letters changed so the library links were deleted in the in the switch/create drop down box but it does not remove the links in the Cross library Search Options box.

The author of the plugin Grant Drake did not anticipate users having a number of libraries and as they grew in size having to move them as hard disk space was not available for their increased size.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:26 AM   #683
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdoctor4 View Post
This does not work when I was adding upgrading the hard disk storage drives moving the the libraries to new locations drive letters letters changed so the library links were deleted in the in the switch/create drop down box but it does not remove the links in the Cross library Search Options box.

The author of the plugin Grant Drake did not anticipate users having a number of libraries and as they grew in size having to move them as hard disk space was not available for their increased size.
I did snoop in the settings folder before I answered and could not find where the history could be stored just for the this PI. That is why I came to the conclusion, it used the global setting,

OK I found it. I just don't know how to clear it OF THOSE safely
dynamic.pickle.json
Old 11-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #684
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdoctor4 View Post
the ducks

Go back there and use the Delete (that is really just a forget ) to remove the linkage. It will advise you, that if you real want the actual library gone, you need to use the OS delete after this.

The plugin doesn't look at the known library list. The browse button is simply to find a directory. And the comobox is a calibre control that automatically stores the history of whatever is entered into it. This is stored in the file "history.plist". If you want to clean it up, look for "lineedit_history_find_duplicates_plugin:library_d uplicate_combo". Deleting on of the "string" lines will delete the entry. Or delete the "key" and the following "array" to get rid of all of them. Or delete the file to remove all the history for these type of controls.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #685
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I have been enlightened. (I thought I had checked that file for MY library names)
Old 12-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #686
Sawdoctor4

Calibre Cross Library Search Items

Gents

Back to the drawing board.
I modified the file history.plist and removed the items I required deleting. Opened calibre and the directory items were still there.
Deleted history.plist opened calibre again the items were still there and calibre rebuilt the file in the directory it was located in.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:00 AM   #687
Poldi
Connoisseur

Problems with Find Duplicates

Hello,
I am using this plugin since very long and it worked fine.
But suddenly there is no more opening dialog where you can state your preferences. It only shows binary compare results.
I tried everything to bring this dialog back, but no
I even tried to reinstall the plugin.
I am using Calibre 4.6 / 64 and Win10
What to do?
Poldi
Old 12-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #688
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Hello,
I am using this plugin since very long and it worked fine.
But suddenly there is no more opening dialog where you can state your preferences. It only shows binary compare results.
I tried everything to bring this dialog back, but no
I even tried to reinstall the plugin.
I am using Calibre 4.6 / 64 and Win10
What to do?
Poldi
I am using Calibre 4.6 / 64 and Win10 too and it works as expected on my system. From the Find Duplicates menu try selecting Customize plugin and click on the Reset disabled confirmation dialogs button and see if that helps.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #689
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Hello
I am using this plugin since years and it always worked fine.
But since one week it's a desaster;
Whenever I click on the icon in the menuebar Calibre stops working.
Whatever button I click there is a short beep from Windows, that's all.
The only way to stop the program is via the Taskmanager.
I removed and reinstalled the plugin but it did not help.
What to do?
After you click the icon press Alt and Spacebar keys together then press M, now use the arrow keys most likely Left a bunch of times to move the missing dialog from off of the screen to where you can access it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:20 AM   #690
Poldi
Connoisseur

Smile Wow, that helped! Thanks a lot

Yes, it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
After you click the icon press Alt and Spacebar keys together then press M, now use the arrow keys most likely Left a bunch of times to move the missing dialog from off of the screen to where you can access it.

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates