Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-04-2019, 02:28 AM   #661
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
The only problem I find (and it's in the original version) is that it changes the option for showing search results (the famous option of: calibre has found some books but all appear in the screen). (No idea of the English name, "Resaltar" is my chosen option and it's unmarked every time)
I completely forgot about this beta. I reported the issue to Kovid and he added the code back in for plugins that used it. It isn't worth releasing for this, but, should be included if other changes are made.

As to the search, I think the plugin has to work like that. Or, at least, I don't see how you could display the results in a sensible manner if it was only highlighting. Or it was written long enough ago that the choices weren't. I don't really know. I don't use the plugin very much and hadn't thought about it.

If this is needed, then it might be hard to change it back after use. There is an option to clear the result, so, if the start remembers the search option, this could set it when used. When I get a chance, I'll have a look.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:27 AM   #662
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I completely forgot about this beta. I reported the issue to Kovid and he added the code back in for plugins that used it. It isn't worth releasing for this, but, should be included if other changes are made.

As to the search, I think the plugin has to work like that. Or, at least, I don't see how you could display the results in a sensible manner if it was only highlighting. Or it was written long enough ago that the choices weren't. I don't really know. I don't use the plugin very much and hadn't thought about it.

If this is needed, then it might be hard to change it back after use. There is an option to clear the result, so, if the start remembers the search option, this could set it when used. When I get a chance, I'll have a look.
Thank you very much, I'll be grateful. Problem is, I've been using this plugin for a looooong time, and I don't remember this behavior till lately, I have to make a test. Do you remember which is the first calibre version which was prepared for python 3?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2019, 06:42 AM   #663
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you very much, I'll be grateful.
But, don't hold your breath
Quote:
Problem is, I've been using this plugin for a looooong time, and I don't remember this behavior till lately, I have to make a test. Do you remember which is the first calibre version which was prepared for python 3?
Looking at version history, 3.41.3 is the first with a mention of Python 3. That is from April and 3.40.1 is from early March, so that should be right.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:24 AM   #664
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I'll try to make a test, although I guess I remember wrong. And don't worry, I won't kill myself holding the breath for long time
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:47 PM   #665
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi,

Love the plugin and use it a lot! I wanted to ask if there was a way of getting the metadata variations to check columns other than tags?

Also, I noticed that in some cases where many tags are selected as being possible matches, but they aren't matches - except within that match a couple of them should be changed.

Vampires
vampires
vampire
Vamps
Vampiress
Vamping

to be named :Vampire?

All but one would be changed, but I am not sure how to go about pulling out that one I don't want to change. If I select ignore, then they all get ignored.

What do I do?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2019, 04:51 PM   #666
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
This may be accomplished with a Builtin Adding Actions tool
Make a rule using Contains (the list)
I do that with all the variations used for Science Fiction

This only works during Add
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #667
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Lol, at first glance, I read that as Builtin Addictions tool.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:50 PM   #668
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Lol, at first glance, I read that as Builtin Addictions tool.
Isn't that what getting the metadata right is?
Old 07-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #669
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Isn't that what getting the metadata right is?
So true!
Old 08-03-2019, 03:20 PM   #670
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Make a rule using Contains (the list)

I have that tool set to change "vampires" to "Characters.Vampires", but the duplicate finder would be quicker to just change all the versions of one tag or another to what I want.

I am kind of afraid to use the tag-rule matcher either at the "add book" level or as the plugin. I had it set for a long time, and every now and then I will go in and update the parameters, but the last few times I did this I changed or updated the rules only to see all but one or two tags be left in my library.

Not sure if I changed all the tags to the one or two tags, or if I deleted all but those one or two tags. I scrambled to either literally shut down Calibre mid-changes (I can see the db-journal plugging away to make the changes),or did a quick restore via shadow copy or ended up restoring the library via library restore. Yes, I know that doing the first two were probably not good ideas, but I was kind of frantic.

My main library is as good as it has ever been and my more pressing tasks have been to consolidate all the shelves with tags (and update all the GR shelves [ugh]).

So, being able to use the duplicate finder plugin for the tags has been helpful, except when it throws a tag or two in the mix that I don't want -but I do want all the other ones.

Thanks anyway!
Old 08-03-2019, 03:25 PM   #671
Rellwood

Quote:

How do you do Science fiction?

I have had a hard time sticking with one format.

I went from:

sci-fi
Sci-fi
Sci-Fi
Sci Fi
science-fiction
Science Fiction
Science-Fiction

to
Science fiction or Science Fiction

my problem I have noticed is whether or not to capitalize or treat like sentences two or more worded tags. I tend to not stick to one style and then have a bunch of differently formatted tags. I found that Science Fiction matches up with the other tags if they are two or more words - Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Fiction.Murder Mystery, but Science fiction.Space Opera looks odd. So I have a bunch of Science Fiction - but that looks odd too. Not sure how to set the rules.

I have finally accepted Non-Fiction
to Nonfiction. SO I have that

Last edited by Rellwood; 08-03-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #672
Poldi
Connoisseur
Poldi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy Problem with Find Duplicates

I am using this plugin since years and it always worked fine.
But since one week it's a desaster;
Whenever I click on the icon in the menuebar Calibre stops working.
Whatever button I click there is a short beep from Windows, that's all.
The only way to stop the program is via the Taskmanager.
I removed and reinstalled the plugin but it did not help.
What to do?
Poldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:38 AM   #673
theducks
Well trained by Cats

More input -Johnny 5

What OS?
Is your Versions (Calibre and the PI) current ?

Have you checked the DB (right click the Library Icon: Library Maintenance: Check Library Phase 1 is all this really needs,but you should do all occasionally: and fix the errors )

AND
What matching rules have you set
FWIW Title/Author, Similar works for me W10 x64
Old 10-27-2019, 09:44 AM   #674
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Find duplicates respects Virtual Libraries.
If the dups are in different VL's they won't be found
Old 10-27-2019, 03:36 PM   #675
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldi View Post
I am using this plugin since years and it always worked fine.
But since one week it's a desaster;
Whenever I click on the icon in the menuebar Calibre stops working.
Whatever button I click there is a short beep from Windows, that's all.
The only way to stop the program is via the Taskmanager.
I removed and reinstalled the plugin but it did not help.
What to do?
Any chance the Find Duplicates window is opening off screen? You might be able to check this by hitting enter twice after you click on Find Duplicates (first enter runs it, second enter closes the results windows).

You may also want to check Some Programs Are Displayed Off the Screen or Bring Off-Screen Window Back Onto Screen for advice on fixing the issue.

Good luck!

Last edited by DNSB; 10-27-2019 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Fat fingered typos...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates