Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-25-2024, 10:18 AM   #1
dimsumthinking
dimsumthinking began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Generated PDF not consistent width

First of all - I love calibre and appreciate all of the work that's gone into it.

I write eBooks in epub. My books are valid epub (i.e. they pass the W3C conformance) but have noticed recently that when I use calibre to convert these to pdfs some of the underlying xhtml files are rendered correctly and some are rendered so that the font of the headings and body text are reduced.

Is this an obvious setting in the PDF that I'm missing or is the pdf making a file by file conversion and a calculation is influencing the font size. When I view the xhtml files in a browser these difference aren't apparent.

Sorry if this question is not clearly stated.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Daniel
dimsumthinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 08:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote