Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #16
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I read that there is a new one coming out mid Aprilish that will update the screen and processor. I'm waiting and it just might be the tablet I pick up.
It might drive the clearance price of the old model down to where it might make some sense for reading-mostly users.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #17
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It could do that too. I've seen the 8" at $199 a few places at times.

It's hard to rationalize a price around $200 for an e-reader only device, but as it would surf the Web, play some games for my son, and do some movies and video as well it might be a no-brainer for me if it drops below the $170 range. If the new one has an introductory pricing in the $270 range it might also be a no-brainer for my uses. I am certainly trawling for news about pricing and deals on the new model.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #18
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
You can get it for $199 at Best Buy right now. Some of the comments in this thread are misleading.

- Don't buy this device if you want to play fancy Android games.
- As a ebook reading Android Device the Yoga 8 is actually VERY good. The form factor reminds of the EbookWise 1150, but light and far more powerful.
- The 18 hour battery life is no joke and is one of the best things about this tablet.
- The tablet can consume content like videos and music without any problem at all, with 720p resolution. No slowdowns or framerate issues. This is verified. I've even run XBMC on it without issue.
- The build quality rivals my iPad or Sony Xperia Tablet Z

So there you have it. If I was looking for a cutting edge Android device, I would get a Nexus 7 2013. On the flip side, I prefer the longer battery life. I don't play games, and finally, the form factor of this device and its built-in stand really make it a GREAT ebook reading and content consuming device.

Last edited by ColdSun; 03-29-2014 at 04:39 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #19
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I adore mine. It feels good to hold in the hand. It just seems more natural than holding flat tablets. I agree, the battery life is great and watching videos at 720p doesn't bother me in the least.

I found the speakers more than adequate, you can actually tell it's Dolby stereo. I love the stand. I don't have to worry about it getting knocked over. Sometimes I set this on my night stand to watch movies and shows while in bed. Usually it's right in the middle of my kitchen table so when I get up, I can bump the power button to wake it and I have instant weather and news.

I'm very comfortable reading on this, I like the bulk on one side, feels more natural. It reminds me of my Sony Tablet S in that respect. The resolution is good enough for me to read my ebooks on. I have not tried pdf.

This tablet turned me into a Lenovo fan. I bought their Yoga Pro 2 laptop and the Miix 2 8 tablet I like them all. Build quality is good and I wasn't loaded down with a ton of bloatware.

I believe I paid $189 for mine at Best Buy, but most of the time the sale price is $199.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote