Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #76
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge777 View Post
Thanks! I've uploaded the BINs above. Have a great night!
Fantastic! Thank you so much.
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #77
veeboo
veeboo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Helvetica2!!! This is better than all my black friday purchases today! Gracias!
veeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #78
edge777
Kindle Enthusiastic
edge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2 International
Since most people are packaging custom fonts for all three devices, I've started a new thread with a simple compilation of custom fonts hacks - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63582
edge777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #79
lol
lol began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX Global
Hi everyone,

It looks like most of you know what you're talking about, and I hope I don't annoy anybody by my lack of experience here. In fact, I don't even own a Kindle yet, but I'm looking for an e-reader that is capable of displaying these characters: ā ū ī ḍ ḷ ṁ ñ ṇ ṅ ṭ (+ CAPS). I understand that ā ū ī and ñ render correctly on the Kindle, but the Kindle does not officially support the others.

I live in Canada, and I've been keeping my eye on the Kindle. Now that it's gone international, I'm trying to find out as much as I can about it. I'm interested in using it to read my collection of academic e-books, and many of them have the characters listed above.

I use Tahoma on my PC to display these characters properly even though I don't like this font very much. Is there a font available for use with the hacks mentioned here that would enable the proper rendering of these characters: ā ū ī ḍ ḷ ṁ ñ ṇ ṅ ṭ (+ CAPS) on a Kindle?

Thanks for you help.
lol is offline   Reply With Quote