Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #16
Kalja
Kalja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I saw it after I did an manual reset because of frozen screen in the diags menu...well I just try the whole procedure again...
Kalja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Kalja: Where did the hard-reboot lead? diags or main?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #18
Kalja

Diags...
Old 09-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Kalja: Hmm... Some logs would definitely help .
Old 09-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #20
Kalja

Sorry - can't find any logs - just this file:
DiagDisableTest_1.0.6.210_B023170123560K01@0.gz

Is it possible to try the Jailbreak again?
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
look at some logs (;debugOn => ;dumpMessages => ;debugOff in the search bar from the Home screen, that should make a log file pop in the documents folder), that might shed some more light on this .
(And, yes, it should be safe to run it again).
Old 09-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #22
Kalja

2nd run:
Everything works fine until the Reboot procedure described above - ecreen freezes and only manual reboot works. During reboot screen with "Your kindle will be freed" or so is shown - back to the diagnosis - then wanted to exit - doesn't work, missing: "deviceSettingInfo.xml" although it is there...back to the diags...reboot - kindle starts normal...no jailbreak...regarding the logs I don't know which "search bar" you mean - the one within the normal kindle mode? No logs were created with the commands maybe I am too stupid...
Old 09-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Kalja:

* Like I said, I'm (fairly) sure the lack of feedback on screen is normal during the reboot. If the K4 is anything like the K3, it's known to take forever to boot.
* Yep, probably because of the hard-reboot that it's whining about the xml file (unless you forgot to upload the folder).

* And, yep, on main, the usual search bar in the home screen. It's three separate commands.

One other thing that you could try, is to skip step 3) & 4) (ie. reboot directly to main after the first boot to diags).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-16-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #24
Kalja

So, I tried every possible method - JB didn't work - so I wait until another user was more successful - anyway thank's a lot NiLuJe for your help!
Old 09-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Kalja: I have a fairly good inkling of what the issue might be, but I really *need* those logs to confirm it...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-16-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #26
Kalja

Believe me I would give them to you immediately but no logs are created with these commands - sorry

Home Screen - Menu - Search - Enter ";debugOn" ,confirm the enter: ";dumpMessages", confirm then enter: ";debugOff" confirm - result: no logs created within any folder...

Last edited by Kalja; 09-16-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #27
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Kalja: Check if things go better with v1.3.N (just posted).

I acted on my suppositions, let's see if I was right the good old way: by trying!
Old 09-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #28
Kalja

Ok - once again...be back in a minute

Just to clarify - it is OK to creaty an empty "deviceSettingInfo.xml" within the doc log folder? Or was that my mistake???

Last edited by Kalja; 09-16-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #29
Kalja

I don't know what you changed BUT....FINALLY...EVERYTHING WORKED...now I look at my Kindle with new screensavers...thanks a lot for your help!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Kalja: w00t! Thanks for sticking with me, and your quick responses .

TL;DR for those interested: trying to detect the Kindle version from the buildnumber in version.txt is starting to become a highly inaccurate science. (The fact that I used stricter version checking than Yifan's original script didn't help...).

Tags
jailbreak, k4nt