Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
lealla
Enthusiast
lealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Can calibre rebuild an 'Online Only' epub from Libby (files in the Responses folder)

Hi all,

There's a book on overdrive that is read-online only. I actually own the hard copy and want to read it on my kobo. However, you can't download the epub to digital editions, only read it online, or 'save to read offline'.

When you save to read offline, it creates a folder on your phone called Files>Documents>Responses, and what I assume is the epub broken into parts.
See the attached picture.

Is there a way for Calibre to rebuild the epub, or to download it in any other way?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Libby.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	181101  
lealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What is in these directories?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:45 AM   #3
lealla
Enthusiast
lealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enoughlealla will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the reply - I'm guessing each directory represents a page of the epub?
They each have a couple of files without extensions, see attachment
I tried changing the biggest file to a jpg extension, just to see what would happen, but no good.

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Libby2.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	181110  
lealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:52 AM   #4
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Forum rules prevent sharing methods of removing DRM. Even if you have the hard copy the next person along may not and then we'd've told them how to pirate it.

I don't know how in any case.

I'd tell you to check Apprentice Alf's blog but they generally don't help when it comes to library books.

Sorry.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote