Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique View Post
That has not been my experience so far with my wife's iPad - which has 25 epubs on it now. I do admit that is a small sample size...

-- Riq
Give Neptune Crossing a look using ADE and then give it a look using iBooks and you'll see that with ADE, how it should look.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36707
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #17
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Give Neptune Crossing a look using ADE and then give it a look using iBooks and you'll see that with ADE, how it should look.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36707
Jon, thanks, I will take a look!

-- Riq
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique View Post
Jon, thanks, I will take a look!

-- Riq
So how does Neptune Crossing look on the iPad? It should look like the following ... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...503#post883503
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #19
Rique
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So how does Neptune Crossing look on the iPad? It should look like the following ... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...503#post883503
Hi Jon,

I tried today and it did not parse well at all. Some pages were completely blank. I expect it barfed on the embedded font. I'm going to do a little more research to see if (and how) I can get it to at least be readable on the iPad (using iBooks or whatever app can work).

As of now, I concede your point - iBooks definitely did not play well with the Neptune's Crossing (and I assume it is because of the embedded fonts).

-- Riq
Old 04-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #20
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
But iBooks is not the only eReader out there for iPad now, surely. Right?
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #21
Rique
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
But iBooks is not the only eReader out there for iPad now, surely. Right?
Right. But for DRM-scrubbed epubs, it is the eReader that my wife uses. She also uses the Amazon Kindle app, but that is definitely not applicable for her scrubbed epubs. She hasn't tried any others yet, however she will be installing Good Reader this weekend for PDFs.

If anyone can recommend an epub eReader that can handle epubs with embedded fonts, that would be terrific. I expect at this point, we will have to wait for an app or find a way to parse epubs with embedded fonts before we put them on her iPad.

As I said earlier, so far this is a non-issue with my wife - all of her scrubbed epubs are just fine.

Having said that, Jon has provided a good example of a shortcoming I'd love to learn of a solution for.

-- Riq