Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
DecalGirl is working on K2 skins

I emailed DecalGirl to see if they were going to have K2 skins and they replied stating that they should have 50 to 100 up in the next week.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I emailed DecalGirl to see if they were going to have K2 skins and they replied stating that they should have 50 to 100 up in the next week.
Great new, that is sooner than expected, thanks!
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 02:48 AM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Very cool. Had one for my Kindle 1. Better than I thought.

Of course, the original Kindle was also ugly as sin and needed to be made interesting. I'm not sure if I want one for the Kindle 2. Also, dealing with all the vents and buttons was a PAIN!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
mrs_pooky
mrs_pooky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Good to know! I had ordered one when I ordered my Kindle and returned it when I discovered I was receiving a Kindle 2. I agree, though, now that I like the Kindle 2's appearance as much as I do, I don't know if I'll feel the need to get one. I guess it's a little extra layer of protection that could be useful.

Daniell
mrs_pooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
How about a link, for those of us not familiar with her?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
stymiest
stymiest began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
How about a link, for those of us not familiar with her?
http://www.decalgirl.com/
stymiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
I just hope they can figure out a way around the screensaver problem...
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
stymiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
I just hope they can figure out a way around the screensaver problem...
If you're speaking about the ghosting problem caused when you wake up your Kindle 2, try pressing ALT-G

That causes a screen refresh and reportedly removes the ghosted sections of the image.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymiest View Post
If you're speaking about the ghosting problem caused when you wake up your Kindle 2, try pressing ALT-G

That causes a screen refresh and reportedly removes the ghosted sections of the image.
Doesn't Alt-G do a screen capture? You do this alot you are going to get a bunch of capture files on your device.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
Quote:

NO. I'm talking about how no one knows yet how to make a custom screen saver for the K2...

I don't have the ghosting problem on My K2.
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #11
stymiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Doesn't Alt-G do a screen capture? You do this alot you are going to get a bunch of capture files on your device.

BOb
ALT-SHIFT-G is the screenshot. The ALT-G is something I got from Kindle support.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:39 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
ALT-SHIFT-G is the screenshot. The ALT-G is something I got from Kindle support.
Cool!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #13
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I heard they may even get them up today!
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I just checked and 41 different skins are up.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote