Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
David Gaughran
@DavidGaughran
David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none (yet)
If You Go Into The Woods by David Gaughran - $0.99 - 5 FREE COPIES FOR REVIEW

Hi all,

My first e-book, released at the start of May, is starting to pick up some very nice reviews. It's called If You Go Into The Woods. It's available from Amazon & Smashwords for 99c.

I am giving away five free review copies. If you are interested, post below or send me a PM with your email address.

BLURB:

If You Go Into The Woods is a collection of two unsettling short stories.

The title story is set in Caslav, a small town 60 miles east of Prague, Czech Republic. Jiri Beranek is drawn to a nearby forest, captivated by birds hidden high in the trees. Each time he enters, his desire to see the mysterious creatures is checked by his fear of the dark. When he finally forces himself to go farther, he finds a new reason to be afraid. This story was first published by The Delinquent (UK) then selected by Short Story America for inclusion in their anthology of their best stories of 2010.

The bonus story - The Reset Button - is set in Stockholm, Sweden in the depths of winter. Linus Eriksson, a divorced bachelor living alone in his small one-bedroom apartment, is a man with a memory problem: instead of not being able to remember anyone, nobody can remember him. This story is brand new, exclusively available in this e-book.

They have a combined length of 4,000 words, or around 16 book pages.

Praise for If You Go Into The Woods:

"There are definite shades of HP Lovecraft in both stories...punchy, entertaining reads with a bit of mental gymnastics thrown in, you can't go wrong with this one." -- Jenny Mounfield, The Compulsive Reader, author of The Ice-cream Man.

"Two very well-constructed and thought-provoking tales from an author I know I will be keeping my eyes on. 4.5 stars." --Heather L. Faville, Doubleshot Reviews

"This is the most professional design - both inside and out - that I have seen since I started reviewing at SIFT. The writing in this story is top-notch. The writer has a strong, clean voice. He's able to sustain an air of mystery and suspense without it feeling cheap." -- Sarah Nicolas, SIFT Book Reviews

David Gaughran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free e-book, if you go into the woods, literary, short stories, short story