Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 05:38 PM   #661
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
What files determine the Kobo Glo HD serial number? I have 2 Glo HDs, and I've upgraded both of them to 128 GB sd cards and even though I thought I was using different original images, they're both showing the same serial number. If I can fix that by just copying a couple files off the original image, I'd like to do that. Thanks!
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 PM   #662
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
What files determine the Kobo Glo HD serial number? I have 2 Glo HDs, and I've upgraded both of them to 128 GB sd cards and even though I thought I was using different original images, they're both showing the same serial number. If I can fix that by just copying a couple files off the original image, I'd like to do that. Thanks!
Sorry, I don't know where the serial number is on the card. In the image, it is at offset 0x200. You can change that using a binary editor. You could probably do the same directly on the card, but, I've never tried.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #663
dom123dom
Zealot
dom123dom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 WiFi 4Gb 2013 (s/n 9017..)
You bloody legend @davidfor my GloHD is revived

dom123dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:05 AM   #664
Constantin_
Constantin_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
hey good people,
my Kobo Glo HD froze last night. searching the internet and finding this forum gave me hope that there might still be a chance of reviving it.

any chance to share a SD image with this newbie?

thanks so much
Constantin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #665
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #666
bartlau
bartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to beholdbartlau is a splendid one to behold

Device: kobo glo hd
hello David,

would like your help to send me the link for img - finally my private messaging can be turned on!

many thanks in advance.
bartlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #667
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.