Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
BloodRagg
Zealot
BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Backing up all settings/current state

If i want to backup all settings except KOReader itself, what would be a good strategy ?

I've been experimenting with the following:
data_dirs="cache clipboard data/dict data/tessdata history ota screenshots settings styletweaks"
data_files="settings.reader.lua history.lua crash.log batterystat.log"
BloodRagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
defaults.(persistent.)lua is also settings file. Then, for books each book has its sdr dir, which keeps info about that particular book.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:16 AM   #3
BloodRagg
Zealot
BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, the defaults files eluded me.

* .sdr/* - they do not reside in the koreader dir itself
* ota/* - can be redownloaded, excluded it.
* cache/* - can be recreated, excluded it.
* data/dict/* - im still flip-flopping on this one.
* data/tessdata/* - have not looked into this yet, is it big ?

as for now its:

data_dirs="clipboard data/dict data/tessdata history screenshots settings styletweaks"
data_files="settings.reader.lua history.lua crash.log batterystat.log defaults.lua defaults.persistent.lua"
Old 05-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
* data/dict/* - im still flip-flopping on this one.
* data/tessdata/* - have not looked into this yet, is it big ?
Both of those are only as big or small as you want them to be.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I just keep a copy of the "KOBOeReader" partition on my PC; that's whenever I do a major update, when I have skipped updating for a long time. Having it on the PC makes it easy to check things for KSM and Sergey's launcher, as well as KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #6
BloodRagg
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Both of those are only as big or small as you want them to be.
Having a daily backup eats a lot of space if i start filling these, exclusion it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I just keep a copy of the "KOBOeReader" partition on my PC....
Appreciate you thinking along Ken, but my situation is a custom one (koreader only )

Last edited by BloodRagg; 05-05-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #7
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRagg View Post
data_files="defaults.lua defaults.persistent.lua"
You don't need both. defaults.persistent.lua is file that have precedence and if exist, koreader doesn't look at defaults.lua (i.e. it may contain whatever).

Just edit things in defaults.persistent.lua and save this file in case of trouble.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #8
BloodRagg
Zealot

You mean, I don't need both at the same time , but what if I change my mind in the future ?
Better to include more than to find out I don't have it.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
defaults.lua is part of every release package (hence the need for the persistent variant for user overrides ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:43 PM   #10
Alan_S
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRagg View Post
You mean, I don't need both at the same time , but what if I change my mind in the future ?
If you want to change settings contained in it, you edit defaults.persistent.lua and back it up again. You usually never edit defaults.lua, because it gets overwritten with new version of koreader. Hence persistent variant.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:49 AM   #11
BloodRagg
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
defaults.lua is part of every release package (hence the need for the persistent variant for user overrides ).
If its in the package ill skip it