Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
vickikayak
vickikayak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2 and Facebook

Sometime between Sun. night and Mon. night, my K2 lost the ability to stay logged in to m.facebook.com. I've tried a number of things...clearing cache, clearing cookies, turning K2 off, restarting it. I've tried m.facebook.com's http login option as well as even trying the full site log in.

Every time I connect to FB, and click a link or two inside the site...I win a free trip back to "log in."

There was a brief thread on this earlier this week on the Kindle 2 forum at Amazon, but I didn't find a solution.

I am still able to send and read email on my yahoo email account without being logged out.

Facebook's help page lists this repeated login as a known issue, but I've tried all their suggestions for fixing it. I've also sent in a report using their link. But the problem persists. I doubt Kindle users are a huge segment of FB's access. :-)

Thanks in advance for any help.
vickikayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I had a problem like this with livejournal. I can see unlocked posts (i.e. the stuff anyone can read on any computer without being logged in) and I can even post a reply as "me" (logging in in the process) but I can't *stay* logged in.

I have a friend in the hospital who is using a kindle as her only web access and I'd really like to solve this for her sake, so if anybody knows anything about what's going on or how to fix it, don't be shy: will give karma for answers!
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
vickikayak
vickikayak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I kinda hoped the 2.0.2 update might help. It was a faint hope...and the update didn't help. My guess is that somewhere in the system, how cookies are processed has changed. Facebook support did email me back, but suggested I try a different browser. OK...but that won't work on K2! Amazon CS offered no help. Interestingly, yahoo mail works fine for me...I can read and send email from the K2. Facebook used to work just fine on both my K1 and the K2. And I know their site has been going through a lot of changes. I did find one post online from an iPhone user who was able to access his cookies file and discover where they weren't being processed for FB. But that's beyond my ability on the K2. I'll just echo catsittingstill's plea for help from any tech gurus.
vickikayak is offline   Reply With Quote