Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #16
MosesSiregarIII
Writer, Reader, Conquerer
MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the mentions, guys! (Shhh! Just pretend I'm not here )

I'm really enjoying Loki by Mike Vasich right now. If you like Norse mythology or want to learn more about it, it's a really fun story and it's 99 cents.

p.s. my sig is still pointing at my novella rather than my novel, but I'm too lazy to change it right now.
MosesSiregarIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Just finished The Kinshield Legacy by K.C. May. Great fantasy book. It's probably what I'd call a more traditional fantasy, but it's well written, the characters are interesting and the plot moves along nicely.

Would definitely recommend this to fantasy lovers.
Thanks for the plug!

I enjoyed The Black God's War and A Dance of Cloaks and would recommend both to fantasy fans.

If you like paranormal romance, you can't go wrong with Out of Time and its sequel When the Walls Fell by Monique Martin. Both excellent books.

Definitely give LK Rigel's Space Junque a try if you like a post-apocalyptic fantasy/sci-fi with romantic elements. Really interesting book. I also loved her latest, Give Me.
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #18
MeiLin
professional daydreamer
MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeiLin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also plus-one to "Black God's War," and adding "Five Dances with Death" by Austin Briggs, which isn't 100% fantasy--it's more historical magical realism--but it's quite good.
MeiLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #19
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finished The Black God's War, but I wasn't quite as wowed by it as I thought I would be after the novella. Certainly not giving it the thumbs down though.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #20
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Taming Fire by Aaron Pogue. kind of a more mature cross between harry potter and eragon. well written and i look forward to the 2nd book.
Just finished reading this one myself and have to agree and like you I'm looking forward to the 2nd book.

finding all kinds of things to read in this thread

But a few not mentioned:

Rys Rising: Book I by Tracy Falbe - really liked this one and I'm finding it hard waiting for the next book in the series.

Eye of the Wizard by Daniel Arenson - Fun light read.
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #21
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
The Sable City by M. Edward McNally-reminded me a lot of the Dragonlance books which is probably why i enjoy it so much. likeable characters and an entertaining read.

Birthright by Rick Partlow-detective, cyberpunk and space opera tossed in a blender. a lot of good action. reminded me of a game like Deus Ex crossed with Blade Runner. "Caleb Mitchell is a human weapon, engineered into a biologically enhanced killing machine in the war with the alien Tahni. But now he just wants to live a normal life as a constable on his homeworld of Canaan...but his life is torn apart when a Corporate Council mineral scout comes to him with a tale of discovering lost alien technology. Someone in the monolithic, power-hungry Corporate Council doesn't want that story to get out...and they'll kill anyone to stop it, including Caleb and his family. "

I picked up his second book Duty,Honor,Planet but i havent read it yet.

i've bought a lot of indie stuff lately, i just dont have time to read it all lol.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #22
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I read Age of Giants - awakening by Rob Reaser. This was a 4.5 star read for me. I believe it will be part of a duology.

I've reviewed it on my website, but in short - would definitely recommend.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #23
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i'm reading Gunwitch by David Michael. this is a pretty far departure from what i usually read but its a pretty awesome book. if you like pulpish edgar rice burroughs stories then definitely check this out. its several genres rolled into one but it works very well. its unlike anything i've read before. theres colonial history but theres also magic, gunplay, savages, its an interesting mix. i'm only about 30% done but i'm already hoping for a sequel.

Last edited by xg4bx; 10-21-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #24
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
i'm reading Gunwitch by David Michael. this is a pretty far departure from what i usually read but its a pretty awesome book.
I love David Michael's books. Fantastic author. I'll have to get this one.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #25
emmameade83
emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.emmameade83 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Anyone interested in the horror, parnormal, or urban fantasy genre try A Dashwood Haunting by Dr. A Nyland, Dark Bites by Robert Ropars and I've heard great things about Kait Nolan's young adult novel Red, a retelling of the fairytale.
emmameade83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #26
S Livingston
Connoisseur
S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

It's great to see you guys supporting independent authors.

Best wishes, Stephen Livingston.
S Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #27
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Livingston View Post
It's great to see you guys supporting independent authors.

Best wishes, Stephen Livingston.
indie and small press books are all i've bought since i got my kindle months ago lol. i have yet to dl a novel from a major publisher and i only rarely buy hard copies of their books.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #28
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Fate's Mirror by M. H. Head was a very slick and readable cyberpunk novel. Gave it 4 stars on my review site. If you like cyberpunk romps - give it a go.

Also, I was happy with The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker, book 1 of a trilogy. I like this author's style and her female leads are worth following. Also reviewed on my site with a 4 star rating.