Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #391
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I watched the instructional video for Overdrive's The Next Generation Experience and learned all sorts of stuff.

I've recommended a few titles for them to buy, rated the books I've read, etc. The recommend feature from the Overdrive site is much quicker than the one on my library's site. Though if I don't see a title listed on the "Additional Titles to Recommend" I will still use it.

Last edited by library addict; 06-12-2013 at 01:22 AM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #392
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Yes Goodreads does (sort of)! "Here are this month's new releases from authors on your shelves and your favorite genres." You would sign-up for it in your general email preferences under your account - scroll to the bottom of the page just under "Newsletters and Other Mail".

I also get a few via Amazon.com, there's that (new?) "Stay Up to Date" link on each author's page that lets you do just that. No idea if Amazon.ca has it...
IIRC Goodreads also lists books a few months ahead of release and if you click "wan to read" on the listing, it may email you when the book is published.

You can also go to http://www.goodreads.com/new_releases/YYYY/MM (e.g. http://www.goodreads.com/new_releases/2013/05 for May 2013) and it will list all new releases for that month by authors whose books are on your shelves. What I do is go through that list about a month ahead of time and click the "want to read" on the ones I'm interested in. There are plenty of authors on my shelves that I don't necessarily want to read every release by.

Last edited by Joykins; 06-12-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #393
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
A couple of deals this morning:

One Perfect Night - Bella Andre - Free (novella length)

Painted Faces - L.H. Cosway - $0.99 - This book's hero works as a drag queen, but he is definitely straight (and very yummy). I LOVED this book.

Misfortune Cookie - Michele Gorman - $1.99 - Today's Kindle daily romance deal, this looks more like chick lit than romance.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #394
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Joykins, thank you for the advice on Goodreads new releases, I think I'll do that, sounds the most productive for me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
A couple of deals this morning:

One Perfect Night - Bella Andre - Free (novella length)

Painted Faces - L.H. Cosway - $0.99 - This book's hero works as a drag queen, but he is definitely straight (and very yummy). I LOVED this book.

Misfortune Cookie - Michele Gorman - $1.99 - Today's Kindle daily romance deal, this looks more like chick lit than romance.

worktolive, I was tempted by Painted Faces last time it was on sale and I passed, wasn't sure if the subject matter would be for me but I'll grab it this time based on your recommend, thanks!

Also price reduced from $4 to $2 is Cautious by E.L. Montes, follow up to Disastrous.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #395
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
worktolive, I was tempted by Painted Faces last time it was on sale and I passed, wasn't sure if the subject matter would be for me but I'll grab it this time based on your recommend, thanks!
I did the same, I had heard about it but passed it up because it sounded rather odd, but then read some good reviews and bought it when it was on sale.

I like unusual, damaged heroes, and Nick is very sweet and very damaged. Freda, the heroine is rather snarky though, and it took me awhile to warm up to her. It definitely has a British feel which is another thing that I really like. I find that British romance authors are far more willing to break the unwritten "rules" that tend to make American romances all sound the same after awhile. It's definitely worth giving it a try at this price.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #396
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I did the same, I had heard about it but passed it up because it sounded rather odd, but then read some good reviews and bought it when it was on sale.

I like unusual, damaged heroes, and Nick is very sweet and very damaged. Freda, the heroine is rather snarky though, and it took me awhile to warm up to her. It definitely has a British feel which is another thing that I really like. I find that British romance authors are far more willing to break the unwritten "rules" that tend to make American romances all sound the same after awhile. It's definitely worth giving it a try at this price.
Yes, I too love unusual and damaged! And I agree about British authors, they do tend to be more 'free' don't they? [gosh I hate making such a generalisation but for me it seems to be true]. Did you ever read any of Jilly Cooper's Rutshire Chronicles? I still have her paperbacks [and now ebooks] from way back in the day and as a matter of fact have a couple that I haven't read yet.

Ack, forgot to add freebie!

This cover is beautiful, same author as 'Boots My Mother Gave Me' [which I still need to read] but here's her new freebie "Let It Go" by Brooklyn James

Last edited by Blue2u; 06-12-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: To add freebie
Old 06-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #397
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

The Bride by Christine Dorsey
(The Wedding Series)

One Glass Is Never Enough by Jane Wenham-Jones
full length romance novel

Indies:

Conduct Unbecoming of a Gentleman by Wareeze Woodson

Too many authors on vacation? June is turning out to be one of the slowest months. Where are all goodies?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #398
Blue2u
Wizard

[QUOTE=Blossom;2541355
Too many authors on vacation? June is turning out to be one of the slowest months. Where are all goodies? [/QUOTE]

I'm noticing a slight trend where freebies that have had even a modicum of success then 'raise' the price to $3.99 for example and then put them 'on sale' for $.99. I've noticed that with quite a few books that I had gotten for free in the past year or so. [ie Sawyer Bennett]
Old 06-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #399
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
For ONE DAY ONLY, Obsession by Jennifer Armentrout is 99 cents on amazon.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #400
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
::Sigh::

I need to stay away from this thread. Just bought Obsession and Painted Faces. You guys are soooo bad for me.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #401
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
For ONE DAY ONLY, Obsession by Jennifer Armentrout is 99 cents on amazon.
ACK, I LOVED IT! I paid full price because I had to have it now and read it immediately, it's a part of her Lux series which I enjoyed [this was 3.5 of the series, and anxiously awaiting #4] . Be warned, the previous Lux were more YAparanormal, but this was definitely NOT YA!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #402
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
::Sigh::

I need to stay away from this thread. Just bought Obsession and Painted Faces. You guys are soooo bad for me.

You love it, admit it! We enable each other.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #403
worktolive
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post

You love it, admit it! We enable each other.
Oh yeah, I buy at least a couple a week thanks to this thread. At least I usually try to keep them to $0.99, unless it's a price drop on something that's already on my wishlist. Just yesterday, I bought Delayed Penalty by Shey Stahl thanks to whoever recommended it here. Reading it now, and enjoying it, although I've noticed various small continuity and grammar errors that keep throwing me out of the story. Like many self-pubbed authors, she really needs an editor, sigh.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #404
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
For those that use Paypal at Kobo do you get charged a transaction fee? Last month was the first time I used Paypal there and now looking at my statement there is an extra charge of 4¢ to 6¢ per book.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #405
bluesapphires2k
Connoisseur
bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch, kindle paperwhite, kobo aura (ed 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
For those that use Paypal at Kobo do you get charged a transaction fee? Last month was the first time I used Paypal there and now looking at my statement there is an extra charge of 4¢ to 6¢ per book.
I found it depends on the credit card. My credit union Visa charges a fee but my Bank of America Amex surprisingly doesn't.
bluesapphires2k is offline   Reply With Quote