Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #35581
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
<snip>Another 45 minutes and it's back into the water for another night dive. Last dive for this assignment. Tomorrow I have to hang around until later in the eve before I can fly out. 24-hour no-fly rule.
24-hour no-fly rule? Is that because you were diving and must wait due to oxygen/pressure or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Things are looking up for my journey to Ethiopia. <snip> And I just hope my mother.i.l (95) will be out of her plaster/ cast before I leave, and doing well.....one never knows at that age.
I hope you are able to find a trip that includes what you really want and that it isn't too expensive.
I wish your mother-in-law well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Planning a day trip to Antwerp with my sister for next week. We are both suffering from post-holiday blues and need a nice day out.
Enjoy your day out.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #35582
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
24-hour no-fly rule? Is that because you were diving and must wait due to oxygen/pressure or something?
There is a build-up of Nitrogen in the blood stream when breathing air under pressure. Divers need to off-gas this or else get the "Bends. " I have a special computer I wear when under water to monitor the build-up for normal air pressure and higher, but when flying (or even driving over mountains with high peaks where elevations 'lower' the pressure, chances of 'micro-bubbles' increase, and can be dangerous. After 24 hours the risk diminishes. I'll spend today reading, shopping in the mall, and girl-watching. Micronesian young unmarried women are gorgeous !
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #35583
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
�������������������������������������������������� �������������������������������������������������� �������������������������������������������������� ��������������������������������⭕����������������� ���������������������⛔������������✈❄✨☁������������ ����������������☀⛄✴✳☔��������������⛅⬜⤴����™➗➕✔❗❓‼❕ ✅❎✖®����➿⬛⤵➰����©➖❌☑❔⁉=/:-x:-S:-())::[;P:-D:-);-)^_~^_^^0^:-PU_U>"<O.O^o^^3^X_X:/~_~:-O>:P
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #35584
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #35585
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I just discovered a special key on the virtual keyboard on my surface, it's only taken me a month��
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #35586
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
There is a build-up of Nitrogen in the blood stream when breathing air under pressure. Divers need to off-gas this or else get the "Bends. " I have a special computer I wear when under water to monitor the build-up for normal air pressure and higher, but when flying (or even driving over mountains with high peaks where elevations 'lower' the pressure, chances of 'micro-bubbles' increase, and can be dangerous. After 24 hours the risk diminishes. I'll spend today reading, shopping in the mall, and girl-watching. Micronesian young unmarried women are gorgeous !
I remember something about the nitrogen and bends, but hadn't thought that this same thing would happen with on land elevations or even when flying. Is that something that has to be learned before you are awarded your certificate for diving?

And hey, if you have to hang around and wait, you may as well enjoy the view..

Waiting for my cornbread to be done baking.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #35587
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
With the new Simcity coming out soon I'm trying to figure out if my current graphic card, an Ati Radeon HD 6870, is better than the minimum requirement for the game, an Ati X1800. I think it might be but it's hard to find out for sure.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:43 AM   #35588
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I remember something about the nitrogen and bends, but hadn't thought that this same thing would happen with on land elevations or even when flying. Is that something that has to be learned before you are awarded your certificate for diving..
Yep! You learn all about this in the first lessons! The basic 'Open Water' cert lessons can be completed in as little as 4 days. Most of what you learn deals with safety, plus how to use the equipment. You already know how to breath... You learn to use a very simple chart to figure out your safe nitrogen loading time allowance . It's easy enough for even me to deal with , and I'm math challenged. These days I use a wrist computer to give me even more accuracy. This tells you how long you can remain down at specific depth, and how long you have to stay at sea level to off-gas. But if you go 'higher' than sea level, and the air pressure is reduced, the dissolved nitrogen remaining in the blood can begin to form bubbles, and that is not a good thing! So... After diving, the rule is, no flying for 24 hours, and no driving over the Alpes or Rockies!

And I have three more hours before my flight. I am getting pretty bored. I have re-read one Reacher book and one Spenser novel, watched so many beautiful teenaged Guamanians, drank waaay too many cups of tea, juice, slushies, and eaten more Chamorro food than is good for me. Where is the damn plane!!!!

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk2
Old 01-29-2013, 04:46 AM   #35589
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I hope you have a boring flight, Stitchawl!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #35590
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I'm just gonna meld all my threads into one:

What Are You Doing Right Now?
Not sleeping, that's for sure.

What's In Your Cup?
Coffee, even though it's not time to get up. But did I mention the not sleeping part?

Vent and Rant:
Why oh why can't I sleep? Why must I wake up at 2 or 3 a.m. and then just STAY awake until I can't stand staying in the bed any longer?

Admittedly I have a lot on my mind. I put an offer on a house yesterday. I go to the dr today to get the results of my shoulder MRI. Sleeping was never my strong suit, but this is getting ridiculous. I do not want to take sleep aids, although I have tried melatonin. It worked the first couple of times I tried it but not right now.

Anyway, not sleeping is making me grouchy!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 AM   #35591
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Micronesian young unmarried women are gorgeous !
What happens to them when they get married then???!!!

Safe flight.

I'm just updating my calorie-counter spreadsheet and figuring what I can have to eat on this fasting day. No Micronesians in sight, unfortunately.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #35592
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I'm just gonna meld all my threads into one:

What Are You Doing Right Now?
Not sleeping, that's for sure.

What's In Your Cup?
Coffee, even though it's not time to get up. But did I mention the not sleeping part?

Vent and Rant:
Why oh why can't I sleep? Why must I wake up at 2 or 3 a.m. and then just STAY awake until I can't stand staying in the bed any longer?

Admittedly I have a lot on my mind. I put an offer on a house yesterday. I go to the dr today to get the results of my shoulder MRI. Sleeping was never my strong suit, but this is getting ridiculous. I do not want to take sleep aids, although I have tried melatonin. It worked the first couple of times I tried it but not right now.

Anyway, not sleeping is making me grouchy!
Sorry Betty. I tried melotonin for a while, it seemed to help at first but then...I eventually stopped. Best thing for me is to get sufficient exercise - walking mostly. If I can't get out and walk I tend to now sleep well. Plus I keep wanting to go to bed earlier and earlier and like you 5 hours is about it then I have to get up.

Good Luck with the house! That's exciting! I love mine, though it's way too much house for just me. I probably should move but I don't think I can live any more frugally anywhere else (since it's paid for etc.) - Just got the annual tax bill though.....

Now is definitely the time to buy with the interest rates so low!

Keep us posted on the house and the MRI!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #35593
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post

Come on, you know the answer to that!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #35594
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post

Safe flight.
It is NOT a pretty sight. From a slim, slinky long jet black haired Eurasian babe, a diet of Spam (the National Dish of Micronesia,) French Fries, and Bi Mac's, and no longer needing to try to attract a mate, transforms a butterfly into 'Mothra,' Godzilla's huge ugly pet!

Boarding in 30 minutes. Thank God!

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk 2
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #35595
kennyc

Quote:
It is NOT a pretty sight. From a slim, slinky long jet black haired Eurasian babe, a diet of Spam (the National Dish of Micronesia,) French Fries, and Bi Mac's, and no longer needing to try to attract a mate, transforms a butterfly into 'Mothra,' Godzilla's huge ugly pet!

Boarding in 30 minutes. Thank God!

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk 2

Have a good flight!

Can I get a job where they send me to dive in the pacific waters?
Are you really some kind of secret agent working for the CIA?

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?