Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
$1 Kindle Book from Amazon Local

Free Voucher to Purchase One Select eBook from the Amazon Kindle Store for $1

Eligible Kindle Books

Deadlines
  • Voucher Purchase = 02 Feb 2013
  • eBook Purchase = 07 Feb 2013
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Thanks. Picked up the Max Allan Collins.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Woot!! Ed McBain
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
When I go to the link above and try to purchase a voucher, I don't see $1.

It's showing $0.

Shouldn't there be $1 showing that I wish to purchase?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

It's showing $0.

Don
Do you have the voucher and the code it generated?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:

It's showing $0.

Don
You don't pay for the voucher, but the voucher allows you to pay only $1.00 for the book (from the select list), whatever price it is.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The first screen is "Get Voucher."

Clicking on that gets me to my account. When I click on that, I'm presented with "Place Your Order" in which one purchases a voucher. My concern is that 'price', 'total,' and 'sub-total' is set at zero. Shouldn't it set at $1 BEFORE I click on "Place Your Order"?

Or maybe I need another cup of coffee!

ADDED: OK, I went ahead and just clicked on it.

Where exactly is the promotional code? Is it the order number?

Sorry to be so dense here, but none of this strikes me as intuitive.

ADDED: GOT IT!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-27-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
The first screen is "Get Voucher."

Clicking on that gets me to my account. When I click on that, I'm presented with "Place Your Order" in which one purchases a voucher. My concern is that 'price', 'total,' and 'sub-total' is set at zero. Shouldn't it set at $1 BEFORE I click on "Place Your Order"?

Or maybe I need another cup of coffee!

ADDED: OK, I went ahead and just clicked on it.

Don
The "zero" is the price you're paying for the free voucher (and code).
Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Where exactly is the promotional code? Is it the order number?

Sorry to be so dense here, but none of this strikes me as intuitive.

Don
Go to "Your Vouchers" (upper left corner inside AmazonLocal) to get the code. Copy the code and then open the link to the books and paste the code in the "Enter Your Code" link and hit "Apply". You'll then get a message saying it was successfully applied.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Don
Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Thank you for the links. I noticed that many of the selected 25 are available free with Prime Lending.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Thanks!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
BTW, a couple of these titles have Whispersync options, so you can get a cheap book AND a cheap audiobook out of the deal. Sweet!

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #14
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I hope I did it right, I got the code, entered the code so it was added to my account and did a 1-click purchase, but it still said $4.99 in the receipt (not the emailed one, just the one that always pops up). I haven't gotten the email receipt yet.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I hope I did it right, I got the code, entered the code so it was added to my account and did a 1-click purchase, but it still said $4.99 in the receipt (not the emailed one, just the one that always pops up). I haven't gotten the email receipt yet.
Once the order finishes processing, it should reflect the $1 price. That's what happened the last time they did the $1 voucher.

I grabbed Breakdown because it sounded interesting and had great reviews. Who doesn't love apocalyptic adventures?
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote