Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-17-2024, 04:39 AM   #1
chiasottis
chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Are there any differences in the German (DACH) version of PocketBook eReaders?

Hello

I live in Germany and I'm considering purchasing a Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3 or Inkpad 4.
I noticed that local online shops offer Pocketbook devices in both German (DACH) and non-German versions. Are there any differences between the two versions? Why does the German version often cost slightly more?

For example:
chiasottis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 06:06 AM   #2
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
The different is, the German version (DACH) has a German e-book shop with an associated cloud.

edit: I have had an InkPad 4, sold it but the reason wasn’t the above, I’m not a cloud user and bought an InkPad Color 3 which I can recommend. You get more with the IPC 3 for a little more money.

Last edited by Sonnenfee; 03-17-2024 at 06:19 AM.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2024, 08:59 AM   #3
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
I would recommend InkPad Color 3. It's faster than InkPad 4.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 03:07 AM   #4
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenfee View Post
The different is, the German version (DACH) has a German e-book shop with an associated cloud.
I seem to remember reading something like that on the German forums.

Presumably that means a different firmware, because I can't imagine the hardware would change. Though Pocketbook's support pages don't list DACH-specific firmware so
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:53 AM   #5
chiasottis
chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chiasottis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks everyone.

Sonnenfee seems to be right: the difference is that the DACH version includes the German e-bookstore and the PocketBook Cloud for synchronising e-books across devices. I also searched the German forum and found this post from a PocketBook employee confirming this.
chiasottis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert