Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-04-2024, 12:18 PM   #1
llaumgui
llaumgui began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio Light HD (PocketBook Verse pro)
Some statistics

Hi,

I just have my new reader (Verse Pro) but there isn't any statistics about reading, time to finish, time past, etc...

Is there a way (other than KOReader) to have some statistics ?
llaumgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:02 PM   #2
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by llaumgui View Post
Is there a way (other than KOReader) to have some statistics ?
No, there isn't. Pocketbook doesn't collect any stats necessary for this.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2024, 02:50 PM   #3
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
No, there isn't. Pocketbook doesn't collect any stats necessary for this.
AFAIK he's correct!

The KOReader experience on Pocketbook is excellent though, once you've familiarised yourself with all the options and set it up to your liking there's no going back.

I prefer browsing books via the Pocketbook library however, so I have setup KOReader as the default application to launch books from the library. There's also a KOReader plugin that updates the progress bars under the book covers on the home screen.

I set the top-left and top-right corners to toggle night mode and toggle touch input. I also hide the bottom progress/status bar. Long-press of the menu button already toggles the frontlight.

Originally I installed it for the file manager and text editor functionality, but the more I used it and explored the many other settings the more essential it became.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-04-2024 at 03:01 PM.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 03:01 PM   #4
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
AFAIK he's correct!

The KOReader experience on Pocketbook is excellent though, once you've familiarised yourself with all the options and set it up to your liking there's no going back.

I prefer browsing books via the Pocketbook library however, so I have setup KOReader as the default application to launch books from the library. There's also a KOReader plugin that updates the progress bars under the book covers on the home screen.

I’ve actually asked that a representative from Pocketbook at e-reader-forum.de because I wanted to know the same 😅.

What is the plugin for the progress bar on the Homescreen called?
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 03:11 PM   #5
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I’ve actually asked that a representative from Pocketbook at e-reader-forum.de because I wanted to know the same 😅.

What is the plugin for the progress bar on the Homescreen called?
See this POST

I've attached the plugin for ease. Unzip to:
/mnt/ext1/applications/koreader/plugins
Attached Files
File Type: zip pocketbooksync.koplugin.zip (4.3 KB, 15 views)
Advert
Old 03-05-2024, 03:44 AM   #6
llaumgui
llaumgui began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio Light HD (PocketBook Verse pro)
Quote:
AFAIK he's correct!

Quote:
I switch on, but too feature .

Quote:
See this POST

I've attached the plugin for ease. Unzip to:
/mnt/ext1/applications/koreader/plugins
Installed ! The only issue is about cover on lock screen. The cover is from PB Reader, not KOReader
llaumgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 03:59 AM   #7
neil_swann80

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaumgui View Post
The only issue is about cover on lock screen. The cover is from PB Reader, not KOReader
Try THIS which will create a sleep screen for the last opened book in koreader.

Or my solution HERE for a manual approach, allows an easy way to restore the default. Works independent of koreader, but not automatic.

With either option after a change is made a reboot is required before the new sleep screen shows.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-05-2024 at 12:48 PM.

Tags
pockebook, verse pro