Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 03:04 AM   #1
nola2london
nola2london began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Adobe ID problem with Inkpad 3 Pro

Hi,

Hopefully someone here can help me as the Pocketbook support has been really awful. I am having trouble side-loading my public library books from Overdrive on to my ereader. I am able to download them on to ADE and from there I transfer the file to my ereader.

My ereader keeps telling me to create an Adobe ID and the file might be corrupted or protected? But when I go to accounts/synchronization I see the Adobe ID there (it's the one connected to the Pocketbook cloud).

So I am completely lost as to what the problem is as from everything I have read it should work.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:46 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola2london View Post
My ereader keeps telling me to create an Adobe ID and the file might be corrupted or protected? But when I go to accounts/synchronization I see the Adobe ID there (it's the one connected to the Pocketbook cloud).
I don't own a Pocketbook, but it looks like it has ADE built-in. If that's true, then you have to make sure that both the ADE on the eReader and ADE on your computer are logged into the same ADE account. Otherwise you'll have a conflict.

On the other hand, if I am correct and the Pocketbook does have ADE built directly into it, you probably don't have to use ADE on your computer at all to download Overdrive books. You should be able to login to your Overdrive account using your Pocketbook's web browser and download your borrowed books directly to your device (provided you have an ADE account set up on your Pocketbook).

I'll do some more research. I'm kind of working in the dark without seeing the Pocketbook's menus.
Advert
Old 10-25-2019, 04:32 AM   #3
nola2london

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I don't own a Pocketbook, but it looks like it has ADE built-in. If that's true, then you have to make sure that both the ADE on the eReader and ADE on your computer are logged into the same ADE account. Otherwise you'll have a conflict.

On the other hand, if I am correct and the Pocketbook does have ADE built directly into it, you probably don't have to use ADE on your computer at all to download Overdrive books. You should be able to login to your Overdrive account using your Pocketbook's web browser and download your borrowed books directly to your device (provided you have an ADE account set up on your Pocketbook).

I'll do some more research. I'm kind of working in the dark without seeing the Pocketbook's menus.

Thank you for your help ! i have already verified the ADE on the ereader and computer are the same ADE account. And it still does not seem to work.

But I had not tried logging in to Overdrive from my Pocketbook's web browser ! I will try that today.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:46 AM   #4
nola2london

Sorry everyone !!! I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum ! I will move my question to Pocketbook.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(I'd request a thread move from a moderator, by clicking the "report" (!) button in your first post, instead of manually duplicating your thread ).
Advert
Old 10-27-2019, 10:35 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've reported the thread to be moved.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:16 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
(I'd request a thread move from a moderator, by clicking the "report" (!) button in your first post, instead of manually duplicating your thread ).
Yes, please. I'll close this thread since it's already been reposted, but that is the preferred procedure.
Closed Thread