Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #301
Stiehler
Doctor Who ?
Stiehler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hello, I do not understand very well as it does to install this jailbreak, as it does?
Stiehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #302
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
If you get it to work, please post your device and language settings. Think we have PW3 and Voyage verified so far.
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #303
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Just wanted to post an update -- the KV I ordered on Wednesday arrived today and had 5.6.5 installed. I suspect this will continue to be the case for a while (obviously no guarantees, YMMV). I was also able to turn it on and go through set-up (using only 3G) without any OTA downloads happening -- and it's now safely ensconced in airplane mode while I try to figure out if I can follow the instructions already posted for BD's jailbreak or need something simpler!
Thanks BD!
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #304
Stiehler
Doctor Who ?
Stiehler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
My Kindle PW2 is the Brazilian firmware and Portuguese language, how do I install
I'm a noob User, please, step by step ...: p

Last edited by Stiehler; 02-05-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Stiehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:20 PM   #305
gett
gett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Little help please
I copy jb folder in the root of Kindle
XAMPP set to jb folder on my comp
hard reset
turn wi-fi on Kindle ON
firefox go to a
open first page with BD warnings etc
Continue
stege 1
back
stage 2
open page with little dot in upper left corner... nothing happens.
where I mistake?
gett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2016, 01:20 PM   #306
Pneumaticat
Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.Pneumaticat got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Touch 2
I got the non-backlit, English (US)-language kindle (7th Gen) to work!
Pneumaticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:25 PM   #307
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Please wait for someone to post better step-by-step instructions. Posting "I can't get it to work" isn't going to solve anything.
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #308
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gett View Post
Little help please
I copy jb folder in the root of Kindle
XAMPP set to jb folder on my comp
hard reset
turn wi-fi on Kindle ON
firefox go to a
open first page with BD warnings etc
Continue
stege 1
back
stage 2
open page with little dot in upper left corner... nothing happens.
where I mistake?
That might work if you where trying to jailbreak your computer, but your trying to jailbreak your Kindle.

Use the Kindle's browser to view 'a'
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #309
ppyyf
ppyyf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
failed to jb my KV 5.6.5.
I think the reason is root fs is mounted read-only and jb cannot write file into it.
is there any way to work around this?

jb is running as framwork(9000) user with root(0) group
I even tried 'sudo mount -o remount,rw /' or 'su -c mount -o remount,rw /' but no luck.

thanks!

Last edited by ppyyf; 02-05-2016 at 01:36 PM.
ppyyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #310
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppyyf View Post
I think the reason is root fs is mounted read-only and jb cannot write file into it.

I even tried sudo or su but no luck.
Huh????

How are you running sudo on your Kindle?

Are you using the serial port jailbreak? Wrong thread.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #311
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppyyf View Post

I even tried sudo or su but no luck.
Both of those things are accounted for in the JB process.

That is: Your KV-5.6.5 isn't any different than anyone else's.

Re-check your local setup or wait for easier to follow directions.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #312
gett
gett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That might work if you where trying to jailbreak your computer, but your trying to jailbreak your Kindle.

Use the Kindle's browser to view 'a'

Thank you!
gett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:38 PM   #313
ppyyf
ppyyf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Huh????

How are you running sudo on your Kindle?

Are you using the serial port jailbreak? Wrong thread.
No, not using serial port jb.
Just the jb tool released by BD today.

I made some modifications to 'jb' script so I can troubleshooting and try some commands such as ls, touch, mount etc.
ppyyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #314
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
You don't have to register it right away. Just don't turn on wifi.
It ships with the Wifi on -
The 'trick' is to get out of the setup sequence (not the registration, it comes pre-registered) so that you can turn wifi (and 3g) off.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #315
yasteora
yasteora began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 kobo touch
Talking

I got the non-backlit, Chinese (简体中文)-language kindle (7th Gen) to work!

and kpw3 English(US) to work!

thank you !
yasteora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreaking